VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outbound Calls & Record Module

Hi

I am using VG 6.0.3160 with Telephone Numbers Loader v5.2.1027, running on Win XP SP2 with Dialogic PCI4U board running SR6.0

I use a very basic record module to record outbound calls, with IGNORE for the answering machine setting in the tel loader.

Each recording is not capturing the first 4-5 seconds of any outbound call made.

I think this is due to the time lag (albeit a few seconds only) between the board detecting a reply, seeing the IGNORE setting and then VG starting the script to record the call.

Is there anyway round this or is it a limitation of using an analog board ??

Thanks

HK

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the outgoing call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Hi

I have att a log file from a call made which misses the first few seconds in the wav file recorded.

If you need anything else let me know.

Cheers

HK

0126vgm.zip

Trace shows that about 30 seconds after the number was dialed the Dialogic card reported that it has heard a human voice answering the call:

015454.92 1 dial making call tel[006081362256349] ann[NONE] vgs[C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\outbound calls\jan 2007.vgs] am[iGNORE] OnHangup[] rv[none[OutDial_RetriesLeft]{0}]

015525.73 1 event VOICE, iCode=133 state=5200

And recording was started immediately afterwards, and continued until silence was heard on the line:

015525.83 1 state [RecAnswer] Recording

015538.28 1 LsRecRecording EV_SILENCE_DETECTED,EV_SILENCE_DETECTED

I think the problem here stems from the fact that the Analog cards need to hear a small sample of voice played to determine that call has in fact been answered - there is no signal sent over analog lines that the destination handset has picked up the call, this has to be deduced by the Dialogic card when it hears a voice on the line. The Dialogic analog cards can usually determine that the call has been answered by hearing about half a second to one second of speech - so that's how much you should on average see 'cut off' from the start of the recording.

If you want immediate notification when the handset has been picked up you will need to use a T1/E1 ISDN line.

Thanks for the analysis and response - understand where you're coming from.

To take a different tact, is it possible to use VG, with a script, that starts recording as soon as the outbound number has been dialled ??

i.e. not to wait until an answer has been detected (or not) by the Dialogic card ??

If so, this would solve my problem very quickly and simply.

I assume that I could set a maximum time limit for each recording within the script - I am not sure how to do this, so if you can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

HK

p.s. do I need to upgrade to the latest VG release given my PC / VG / Dialogic config as stated ealier ??

is it possible to use VG, with a script, that starts recording as soon as the outbound number has been dialled ??

Yes. Specify DISABLE in the Answer Machine message field.

I assume that I could set a maximum time limit for each recording within the script
You can use a Timeout path within the Record module to specify max recording length.

I used VG to call the same no with DISABLE set but the call recording stopped after 3 seconds.

The same thing happened with 2 different scripts.

I called the same number using an ordinary telephone plugged into the same line as I use for VG.

The number rings with a recorded message played after around 8-9 seconds of ringing.

I have attached the log file and also the 2 scripts used.

Any advice / guidance on this ??

Thanks

HK

0127vgm.zip

Record_Call.vgs

jan_2007.vgs

Trace shows that recording was ended as silence was detected on the line:

222000.30 1 event EV_SILENCE_DETECTED, iCode=9300 state=1201

Most likely the silence between successive ringbacks is longer then the allowed max silence which the record module will tolerate before stopping the recording.

Try increasing the allowed silence time. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modRecord.htm

In the "Record Call" script, there is already a function to turn off silence detection with SilenceDetectLvl being assigned a value of 0 (zero), as per the example given on the link you posted in the last reply.

The path from this function is set, for both true or false, to go to the 'record call' function.

Is the correct setup to use ??

Thanks

HK

Trace shows that the starting module is set to [RecAnswer], not the module which turns off silence detection.

You need to set the starting module of the script to be the Evaluate Expression type module.

Also, please update your system to current version of "VoiceGuide for Dialogic".