VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

VG Does Not Detect Welcome Msg, Plays Live Message

I have the 4 line professional + Dialer. Running on Windows XP SP2. V.G. Version 6.0.3243, I'm running a D/41ECPI card. Everytime I send a test message to either one of my home Phone numbers it does not detect the Voice mail. Consequently while sitting there I watch the screen announce that there was a Live answer (the Phones are still ringing?) The V.G message begins to play and as a result, only the last half of the out going V.G. message gets recorded to my incoming Voicemail Boxes. I've done this at least 100 times and its always the same. Any explanation as to why the Voice mail box is not being recognized and how this can be corrected . I'm including the Trace file.

Thanks In Advance

Joe

Also the lines being dialed into are my two home lines which are voip (vonage) here is the trace.

0115vgm.txt

Trace shows that you have loaded outgoing calls to be made which are instructed to start playing the file "INSANITY 6.X LV.wav" as soon as the Dialogic card indicates that the call has been answered.

Does the system which you are calling starts recording as soon as it answers the call, or is there some welcome message etc for which the calling system would need to wait to finish before the message to be forwarded is played back?

Can you use a script with a Record module at the beginning to record what is happening on the line after the Dialogic card indicates that the call has been answered and post the recording here please.

The Dialogic card gives as a reason for call answer that it could not hear the ringback cadence as specified in the RINGBACK definition - so you should record the ringback tone, analyze it and modify the RINGBACK tone definition in ConfigLine.xml file appropriately.

You asked: Does the system which you are calling start recording as soon as it answers the call, or is there some welcome message etc for which the calling system would need to wait to finish before the message to be forwarded is played back?

Reply: Both of my Home Lines have a short welcome message when answered by Voice mail

All I want to do is leave Correct messages or play the message upon a Live Answer. I read a post that said to achieve this I could just use a short record Module at the beginning of Live my script.

In the Go to box on the record module it said to select "silence" and set the timeout to half a second. There is no "Silence" to select, I have each number key Listed and a Timeout, these are my only options. Also it won't let me do half second increments in the time selections.

So how do I properly record the ringback? & then analyze it?

So as a result my script to play the Silence detection is set so that upon Timeout it records 5 seconds, the file attached ends up being 5 seconds of my out bound message. If you haven't guessed by Now I'm a Newby, What am i doing wrong here. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Fugginguy

RecAnswer_8.wav

Also, When I do pickup the phone and answer the call Live the designated Answering machine message plays. I'm confused it's the oposite of how it should be.

When an actual Live person answers, the Live Person is mistaken for Voicemail and the answering Machine message plays.

When the Voicemail answers, the Voice mail is mistaken for a live person and the Live person message starts playing before the voicemail actually starts recording. Resulting in only the last half of my message being recorded. Actually, after loading the number & watching the monitor on the third or forth ring V.G. starts playing the live message but my phone continues to ring 1.5-2.5 times after the message starts playing.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to all this telephony stuff so if you can be as detailed as possible whith your answers it would be greatly appreciated. I don't really need the why is this happening defination just The how to fix it instructions. Also I am running these tests on another machine setup exactly as the specs in my first post with the exception I am using the V.G. Eval software not a licensed version. I didn't want my dialer to be down all day.

Attached are the Silence Recording, The Trace File & The script I Hope I did it right!

RecAnswer_7.wav

Silence_detect_script.vgs

0115vgm.txt

One other thing if I take the phone off the hook and V.G gets a busy signal. The call goes to my Voicemail and everything performs just Fine. When I check my Voicemail the message is there and plays as it should?

Thanks

Fugginguy

In order to deliver a message to another voicemail system the calling system needs to first wait till the other system answer the call and the welcome message completes playing, then the message to be delivered can then be played.

Traces show that the Dialogic card cannot even detect the ringback that is currently played when phone is ringing - that is why it thinks call is answered, as it cannot hear ringback. The ringback definition needs to be set in ConfigLine.xml file See:http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DisconnectionDetect.htm for instructions on how to analyze recordings to determine frequencies/cadence.

After it detects ringback the 'Connected' event will occur when the call is actually answered. The calling system now needs to wait for welcome message to finish. You can use a Record module for that to keep recording until there is silence on the line.

Notice how RecAnswer_7.wav recording has finished when it heard silence after the "beep" tone at end of the welcoming message. The sound file you want to relay should have been played at this stage.

If you set the Ringback definition right then Dialogic will not return a 'Connected' signal till after the ringback completes and your welcome message plays. Then you need to use a Record module to only wait out the welcome message. The Silence length can be set low (about a second).

If you do not set the Ringback definition right then Dialogic may return a 'Connected' signal while the telephone is still ringing. Then in order to wait out the rest of ringing and the welcome message the silence length in the record module needs to be longer then the silence between successive ringbacks. In this case one of your recordings shows that silence between successive ringbacks is 3 seconds, so silence should be set to 3.5 or 4 seconds. Note that that's how long the delay will be after the beep before the relayed message is played.

Honestly I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to this stuff! Would it be OK if I make a Posting asking if there's anyone in the Columbus Ohio area that is familiar with V.G. and willing to help me out. Or if I were looking to hire someone to do this Dyno Tuning of the system under what heading in the phone book would I look? Have you had others in the United States having these same issues dialing into a Vonage VOIP Line?

Thanks

Joe

Would it be OK if I make a Posting asking if there's anyone in the Columbus Ohio area that is familiar with V.G. and willing to help me out.
No problem, make the post.

Have you had others in the United States having these same issues dialing into a Vonage VOIP Line?
Like with any other message relay system, if the Ringback definition is set right and a Record module is used to wait out the welcome message then system will behave correctly. We have seen a number of other customers use VoiceGuide for such message relay projects and they are getting reliable results.

Hi fugginguy,

If you need some help with this we have quite a bit of experience in using Voice Systems in general (been at it since 1990!) and have been using VG for about a year now.

Drop me an email at simon.edwards@integratedcomms.co.uk if you'd like us to help out at all.

Best wishes

Simon

ConfigLine.xmlConfigLine.xmlHey Guys,

Here's what is now happening I've analyzed the Ring back Definitions and made a new entry into the Configline.xml

Here is what is happening now. If I change my voicemail to pick up on the third ring or less everything works just Peachy! If I live answer it on the 3rd ring or before everything works fine.

If I set my Voicemail back where it was, to answer on the sixth ring the Live answer kicks on at the 4th ring and starts playing the message but the Voicemail doesn't kick on until the 6th ring and then it starts recording the incoming message which puts me right back where I started.

It's as if V.G goes deaf after the third ring! I did another record script and recorded for 60 seconds. I turned off the Voicemail and just let the phone ring and ring while it was recording and on playback, Yes the the ringing continues all the way through to the end of the 60 seconds with the same Cadence and everything.

Why is Voiceguide detecting a live answer on the forth ring???? Is there a setting In the VG.ini or the Configline.xml or anywhere else that I can adjust. I believe that this is only happening on VOIP Lines, My cell has no problems receiving the voicemails and I don't think I'm have this issue with Analog Pots lines It's just with the VOIP lines. Why does V.G. Kick off the Live Message right after the third ring?

I'm attaching my Configline.xml can you take a look at it and make sure I made the entries correctly for the additional Ring Back Definitions? What is the field Count? I put a 1 but what should go in There?

I played with the silent detection settings in the VG.ini that didn't seem to help at all

Any Suggestions? I just want to leave messages. There doesn't need to be any user interaction for what I do unless of course it'll fix the issue.

I was reading the forum and it mentioned something about to avoid all this I could run a script starting with a record module and in the path do a: on {Silence 1} go to play 4.

Can you please explain how to do this in detail? When I run the script it just hangs up after running the record module for 1 second. and doesn't go on to play the play module!

I'm Confused!!!!!

Why is Voiceguide detecting a live answer on the forth ring????
Quite possibly the Dialogic card is not actually detecting Ringback and it's just timing out as it has not heard ringback on these VoIP lines at all.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the outgoing call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

I was reading the forum and it mentioned something about to avoid all this I could run a script starting with a record module and in the path do a: on {Silence 1} go to play 4.

From a few posts back:

If you set the Ringback definition right then Dialogic will not return a 'Connected' signal till after the ringback completes and your welcome message plays. Then you need to use a Record module to only wait out the welcome message. The Silence length can be set low (about a second).

If you do not set the Ringback definition right then Dialogic may return a 'Connected' signal while the telephone is still ringing. Then in order to wait out the rest of ringing and the welcome message the silence length in the record module needs to be longer then the silence between successive ringbacks. In this case one of your recordings shows that silence between successive ringbacks is 3 seconds, so silence should be set to 3.5 or 4 seconds. Note that that's how long the delay will be after the beep before the relayed message is played.

Attached is a new Trace file that I repeated the dialout 3 successive times.

In the Configline file that was attached in earlier post did I make the new tone entry correctly? Or instead should I have just edited the TID_RNGBK2 file with my settings.

Do I need to edit any settings to get it to look at the Tone entry I made previously?

Under the TONE entry what is the COUNT? what is it for? and what sould I base that setting on?

Thank You for the prompt replys

Fugginguy

0116vgm.txt

Traces show that about 20 or 30 seconds after dialing the number the Dialogic card returns "CADENCE" event, which means that the Dialogic card could no longer hear any ringback tone (30 seconds first call and 20 seconds on 2nd and 3rd calls).

222611.31 1 event CADENCE, iCode=133 state=5200

Traces did not include program startup so we could not see if ringback definitions were loaded properly...

You should just edit the TID_RNGBK1 definition. Delete all other definitions you have in the ConfigLine.xml file at this stage.

The Frequency and Time variance should as a rule of thumb be about 10% or 20% of the main value.

Set Count at 1 - this means that only one cadence of ringback tone is enough to make Dialogic recognize tone pattern as valid.

I deleted the other ringback entries in the Configline.xml. I changed the entries under the TID_RNGBK1 to reflect my settings, it didn't work! OK, I analyzed the ring Tone again and came up with a peak frequency of 480. I called Vonage my VOIP provider and asked them for the Ringback Definitions, Here is what they told me.

Ring pattern:

Is 5 sec intervals, 2 seconds Off, 1 second ON, 3 seconds Off.

Frequency:

480:-240, 620:-240, 0:0, 0:0, 500; 0:0, 0:0, 0:0, 0:0, 500

Please show me with a screen shot of the Configline.xml how and where these entries should be placed.

Again I thank you for your help.

Joe Baker

What do the various entries in this string mean: 480:-240, 620:-240, 0:0, 0:0, 500; 0:0, 0:0, 0:0, 0:0, 500 ?

I was hoping you could tell me, the guy said the info over the phone to me exactly like that. He said the frequency of the rnigback definition is: 480:-240, 620:-240, 0:0, 0:0, 500; 0:0, 0:0, 0:0, 0:0, 500

I was assuming the 480:-240, was the first frequency

620:-240, was the second frequency

And I was hoping you could tell me the rest.

So if the Ring pattern:

Is 5 sec intervals, 2 seconds Off, 1 second ON, 3 seconds Off is there anywhere that this could be defined so that V.G. looks for it?

You should call them again and ask them to tell you in plain english what the ringback tone frequencies and cadences are.

OK, I called them back and had them email me the following:

Ring0 Cadence:

0x00000FFC00000000 = 2 sec pause, 1 sec ring, 3 sec pause repeat (1sec ring, 5 sec pause repeat) 0x00000FFC00000000

Ringback Tone:

Audible Ringback tone (freq1:pwr1,freq2:pwr2,freq3:pwr3,freq4:pwr4,duration;repeat) 440:-190,480:-190,0:0,0:0,2000;0:0,0:0,0:0,0:0,4000

So can you please specify what entries will go where in the Configline.xml?

Thank You

Fugginguy

Based on this information the TID_RNGBK1 definition should look like this:

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_RNGBK1">

<Notes>Ringback 1 Default Setting</Notes>

<ID>TID_RNGBK1</ID>

<Freq1>440</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>30</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>480</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>30</Freq2Dev>

<On>100</On>

<OnDev>20</OnDev>

<Off>500</Off>

<OffDev>150</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

Thanks for the Info, I input the settings into the Configline.xml but they made no difference. Still continues to miss detect every call, everytime! I've read in the V.G documentation that Dialogic Cards are supposed to be 90-95% accurate in detecting Voice versus Answering Machines, I think the numbers are more like 30-35% if even that high, very very depressing!

If you can think of any other way around this problem I'd really appreciate your ideas & Input.

I'm just thinking there has to be a way of Tweaking the detection settings and fine tuning them, because what we have been working on for the last week or so isn't working.

Again I appreciate all your help and would appreciate any other suggestions you might have.

Fugginguy

Still continues to miss detect every call, everytime! I've read in the V.G documentation that Dialogic Cards are supposed to be 90-95% accurate in detecting Voice versus Answering Machines, I think the numbers are more like 30-35% if even that high, very very depressing!
This case has nothing to do with the Dialogic card trying to determine whether call is Answering Machine or Live Human. It doe snot even get this far as it does not even detect the ringback tone...

Could you please record the ringback tone and post it here.

Which Dialogic card are you using?

Which Dialogic System Release drivers are you using?

I'm using a Dialogic D\41ECPI with the SR511 & SR511SP1 Drivers.

Attached is the requested recording. Keep in mind that the phone rang three times before the recording ever kicks on and then it rings another three times (which are on the recording). So the out going message starts playing on the third ring but my Voicemail doesn't pickup until the sixth ring therefore the first half of my out going message is played to early & never gets recorded on my Voicemail!

Thanks

Joe

RecAnswer_2.wav

Recording shows silence between successive ringbacks is 3 seconds, not 5 seconds.

The two frequencies are 440Hz and 480Hz.

Please try using this setting:

<ID>TID_RNGBK1</ID>

<Freq1>440</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>30</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>480</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>30</Freq2Dev>

<On>100</On>

<OnDev>20</OnDev>

<Off>300</Off>

<OffDev>50</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

And then change setting to this and restart VG:

<ID>TID_RNGBK1</ID>

<Freq1>460</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>50</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>0</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>0</Freq2Dev>

<On>100</On>

<OnDev>20</OnDev>

<Off>300</Off>

<OffDev>50</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

Please post traces for both cases showing the full system startup and the outgoing call.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Ok, I did what you said above and changed the settings in the Configline.xml

Dialed out and ran a trace. Then Changed the settings restarted VG dialed out and ran a trace again.

On my end both examples acted exactly as it has every other time. Outgoing V.G started playing the message on the fourth ring. V.G actually answered on incoming line on the sixth ring played greeting then recorded the last half of my outgoing message. Trace file is attached!

What would you guys suggest now?

Thanks

Joe

0121sw.txt

0121tw.txt

0121vgm.txt

Could you please enable the "tw" traces and restart VG and make one more test call - it's the "tw" traces which confirm if the ConfigLine.xml file has been loaded properly.

Please also post the current version of the ConfigLine.xml file.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

OK, I enabled the TW trace. I edited the Configline.xml as suggested previously, dialed out then edited the Configline.xml with the second settings you had suggested. Restarted V.G. and dialed out again.

I'm not sending out a script I'm simply playing a message. I'm using V.G as a lead generating system Unfortunately V.G is not discerning between what is a live answer & what is an answering machine.

Yesterday I sent my message to a friend of mine. He has a POTS Line and an Answering machine sitting on his kitchen counter. I sent the message, V.G said it was a live answer and started playing the message. When the message ended My friend called me back, he said he did not answer Live, he let it go to the Answering machine. He played the message on the answering machine and sure enough the first half of the message was not recorded. What is going on? This test went to a POTS line with an answering machine and V.G still screwed it up! I'm beginning to lose my hair over this, total confusion as to why V.G. isn't working correctly!!! I've got to get this straightened out as soon as possible.

Attached, are the Traces from this morning. As stated above I'm not sending a script just sending a wav file as a message. I've tried many different wav files all with the same result.

I'm just using the standard Configline.xml (until we get this corrected) for my daily out going calls.

Joe

0122sw.txt

0122tw.txt

0122vgm.txt

ConfigLine.xml

The settings look right, so we're at a bit of a loss as to why the card is not detecting the ringback tone properly.

It's either the case of this card having faulty tone detection, or maybe the D/41EPCI (which is an older style card) requires some extra special configurations to work properly. We have not received any reports of people having problems like this with the D/41EPCI beforehand.

Yesterday I sent my message to a friend of mine. He has a POTS Line and an Answering machine sitting on his kitchen counter. I sent the message, V.G said it was a live answer and started playing the message.
The ringback signal would probably be different to the one played when making the call through the VoIP adapter.

If you are planning to deliver messages to a range of different networks/systems then the analog setup will not be appropriate - as different networks may play different ringback signals.

The only way to detect call answer reliably when calling a range of various destinations is to use a T1/E1 ISDN line - the ISDN signaling then informs the Dialogic card the instant the call is answered at the remote end.

It's possible that the tone detection is a problem on one port but not on others - we've seen Dialogic cards which have had such problems only affecting a certain port. Try setting up VG to only open one port at a time and make a call out on that opened port - try this for each port one port at a time...

I used the standard configline.xml settings when Calling my friend with the POTS Line and the answering machine. So bottom line, it was your standard settings which did not detect his equipment it wasn't the special settings you had me try!

I have three different D/41ECPI cards I have tried all three of the cards in different machines with the same result while using the evaluation Software.

I'm burning through 2500 numbers per day.

My leads come from the 2007 infoUSA residential database. I'm calling certain area codes, the numbers are dialed randomly throughout the area code. The disturbing thing is that at any given time throughout the day when I take a look at the call status monitor it seems as though it is constantly showing all 4 calls at the same time answered by live answers (odds of this happening on weekdays during regular work hours are slim to none). This happens during morning, NooN, afternoon, evening etc..... With the fact that I can't even leave myself a message, i've got a terrible feeling that at least 1800 numbers I dial each day get a screwed up partial message if any type of message at all.

Your hardware specifications specifically state that the Dialogic D/41ECPI card is completely compatible with V.G & Windows XP SP2

So here is where I am, at this point. I have purchased three computers, I've Purchased Three D/41ECPI dialogic cards, I purchased the V.G professional + 4 line dialer software package, I recently had another 8 pots lines installed for expansion with the other two computers, I planned to purchase 2 more licensed copies of V.G after this issue was corrected.

So I have several thousands of dollars wrapped up in this and you're now saying that I have to switch everything out and run ISDN and I have no guarantee that, that will work any better because I was told that this system would work and it doesn't!

So where do we go from here, What do you want me to do now? I need to get this issue resolved as soon as possible

Thanks

Joe

Next thing to try would be to change the Dialogic drivers to the latest version. Latest v6.0 can be downloaded from here: http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/...serviceUpdates/

Current latest is rev133. Direct link is: http://membersresource.dialogic.com/search...133/dev/dev.zip

If that latest SR6.0 does not give better results then the next move would be to buy the current model card : eg. a D/4PCIUF.

Sounds like you are using this system to cold-call thousands of numbers. Will the same ringback tone be played on the lines you use for all the different numbers which are dialed?

On T1/E1 ISDN systems the telephone company sends an ISDN "CONNECTED" message after the handset is picked up by call recipient (or their answering machine), call answer detection is not dependant on configuring ringback tone definitions.

Hey thanks for all the advice. I'm not fully convinced 6.X drivers will support the D/41EPCI. I'm doing some research on that as we speak.

As far as the standard ringback definitions for the United States go. How would I define them in the configline.xml I'm attaching a Document which has a screen shot of what is supposed to be the U.S standards. I just need to know what to put in each slot of the Configline.xml

Thanks

Joe

Ringtone_Defs.doc

The default ringback should be adequate to cover the cases shown in the screenshot

The default configuration is:

<ID>TID_RNGBK1</ID>

<Freq1>438</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>138</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>0</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>0</Freq2Dev>

<On>130</On>

<OnDev>105</OnDev>

<Off>400</Off>

<OffDev>200</OffDev>