VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg.rvset Adds The Same Rv Twice

Hello Support,

I must say I am really starting to love your product. It is extremely powerful and well put together. It just works for me, software after my own heart.

I have the following lines of code in a VB Script Module:

vg.RvSet $RV_LINEID, "SolutionWelcomeAudio", vg.RvGet($RV_LINEID, "RV[PromptsFolder]") & "\" & rs.Fields("WelcomeAudio").Value

vg.RvSet $RV_LINEID, "SolutionHelloAudio", vg.RvGet($RV_LINEID, "RV[PromptsFolder]") & "\" & rs.Fields("HelloAudio").Value

vg.RvSet $RV_LINEID, "SolutionNameAudio", vg.RvGet($RV_LINEID, "RV[PromptsFolder]") & "\" & rs.Fields("NameAudio").Value

vg.RvSet $RV_LINEID, "SolutionByPassAudio", rs.Fields("ByPassSolutionAudio").Value

'Don't play solution audio in some cases

if vg.RvGet($RV_LINEID, "RV[solutionByPassAudio]") = 1 then

vg.RvSet $RV_LINEID, "SolutionWelcomeAudio", "none"

end if

This code works just fine but I have a question on internals:

When I use vg.RvGet_All in the next module, according to my log file, I appear to have the RV [solutionWelcomeAudio] in the list twice, the last occurence having the correct value of "none". I thought vg.Rv_Set would only create a "new" one if it didn't already exist?

The idea is I'm basically trying to update the RV [solutionWelcomeAudio] result variable within the module that I originally created it so it will have the correct value for the next module once that is called. Should I be doing something like RV[solutionWelcomeAudio] = "none" within the script instead?

Or, should I be using local variables until it's time to return from the routine and then use vg.Run_ResultReturn or vg.RvSet once near the end of the module to establish the RVs for future use?

Please see the attached log for the log of the call to vg.RvGet_All. Notice [[solutionWelcomeAudio] appears twice, the first time with the original value assignment, the second time with the updated value assignment.

Thanks for your help. I'm just trying to make sure I'm not extending the RV list unnecessarily by something I'm doing wrong.

0114vgm.txt

I must say I am really starting to love your product. It is extremely powerful and well put together.

I appear to have the RV [solutionWelcomeAudio] in the list twice, the last occurence having the correct value of "none".
What you're seeing is as intended.

RvGet_All will return a history of all RVs setting.

To retrieve the current value of a particular RV use the RvGet function.