VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg6.0 And Dialogic Card Jct 120 In Uk

Im still having problems with my new setup of Voiceguide V6.0x Enterprise+Dialler

Am using Windows XP, Dialogic SR 5.1 and Dialogic Card JCT LS120

Using conventional settings, am obtaining "waiting for a call" in the line device - using standard 'Credit Card Payment' sample script. When using the dialler, the outbound call appears in the log script, but the destination phone fails to ring - trace attached.

When dialling into the service, one gets a constantly engaged signal - which does not answer.

- log trace attached.

As you suggested, I tried adding commas into the outbound number, to delay the number -but this had no effect.

I've been stalled with this problem for several weeks, and if it cannot be resolved, can you support Voiceguide ver 5 - where this not appear to be a problem.

Paul

0113vgm.txt

0113tw.txt

0113sw.txt

I have copyied the new ocx (version from 3rd Jan 06) to my system32 directory.

Still getting the same problem - voiceguide will not answer caller (who gets engaged tone)

I enclose the new log files as requested.

Paul

0120sw.txt

0120tw.txt

0120vgm.txt

Trace does not show any incoming RINGs on any of the opened 4 ports.

Are you sure the telephone line is plugged into one of the opened ports?

Try opening all 12 ports on the card to prevent problems stemming from cable being plugged into an unopened port.

Once the incoming calls are arriving on the ports then you can start testing outgoing calls.

Yes, that appears to have worked.

There was an error in one of our telephone cable - which has resolved most of the issues.

We will test it over the next few days - including dialler.

I've just realized that our 11 kHz vox sound files are playing too slowly, and you advise 8 kHx now using vg for dialogic.

Can you recommend a batch vox file converter - as we have over 900 vox files to convert !

Thanks Paul.

Converting from 11kHz to 8kHz will not give good results. You need to convert from original source files which should be recorded at 22kHz or 44kHz.

A good batch file conversion program is Adobe Audition (previously known as CoolEdit)

Thanks,

I.ve tried a workaround - which seems to work and may be of interest to others:

I use Goldwave software to record/edit sound files - and one can compress/shorten sound files - to give the same effect as converting from 11 kHz to 8 kHz (compression or time warp by a factor of 1.4 is required in this case). This will result in voiceguide for dialogic playing 11 khz files at a normal play speed - at a high quality.

Problem is that each file has to be modified manually - so if you ahve a lot of files could take hours. I got over this by using an automation program - automise - running a mouse-click macro - which automated the task.

regards,

apul

PLCRVI:

Could you give step by step instructions on how you did this in Goldwave. Not knowing the software, it adds an additional wrinkle to the problem, although it appears that you have a great workaround.

Jeff