VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Several Common Questions / Problems From A New User

I am running voiceguide Pro 4 line ver. 6.0.3184 and have three questions I can't easily figure out. I know the answers are hidden somewhere, but alas, I am not the most computer savvy guy.

I am running XP and a Dialogic D41/E . I purchased Winfax 10.03 and all 4 analog phone lines are coming from 4 VOIP boxes with 4 different telephone numbers.

I am enclosing my log and sample script as a zip file.

Here are my problems:

1) I can not get VG to release the telephone line quickly after a caller hangs up. It appears VG is currently timing out before it releases the line. What settings need to be changed and where will I find them to make VG detect the hangup of a caller, rather than waiting until a long time passes before hanging up.

2) When a caller leaves a voicemail message, I would like the message to be sent to an email address so it can be heard. How do I set this up in a script, do I use a module and if so, where do I find this module?

3) One of the script options will be to fax or email a brochure. I purchased winfax 10 but do not know how to impliment it within VG. What module would I run as part of the script and where would I tell the module what brochure ( a pdf file) to send? Also, If the caller prefered an email with the pdf file attached, what module would I use and how would I set it up to send a specific pdf file?

Thanks

Jeff

0110tw.zip

1) I can not get VG to release the telephone line quickly after a caller hangs up. It appears VG is currently timing out before it releases the line. What settings need to be changed and where will I find them to make VG detect the hangup of a caller, rather than waiting until a long time passes before hanging up.
See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

2) When a caller leaves a voicemail message, I would like the message to be sent to an email address so it can be heard. How do I set this up in a script, do I use a module and if so, where do I find this module?
If you are using the supplied voicemail scripts then in the VoiceMail manager application there is an option to set the forwarding email address. Look in the individual voicemail box properties window.

If you have created your own recording script then just use the "Send Email" module.

What module would I run as part of the script and where would I tell the module what brochure ( a pdf file) to send?
Run VBScript module. There is an example in the Help file. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modVbs.htm

Also, If the caller prefered an email with the pdf file attached, what module would I use and how would I set it up to send a specific pdf file?
'Send Email' module.

Here are my answers to your comments, which were less than helpful.

See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

I reviewed this prior to emailing you. Nothing in this area is working for me, which is why I originally attached the trace files (which you did not look at). Could you please review the files and tell me why hangups ar not being picked up in Voiceguide and what I need to do to get them working. Perhaps the fact that I am using VOIP is an issue for my dialogic card????

If you are using the supplied voicemail scripts then in the VoiceMail manager application there is an option to set the forwarding email address. Look in the individual voicemail box properties window.

If you have created your own recording script then just use the "Send Email" module.

I can not get this to work. VG simply would not send the message via SMTP and after wasting a few hours, I decided to simply load Outlook into the computer and try using MAPI. Using MAPI, I get a Microsoft security error saying, " A program is automatically trying to send email on your behalf... Do you want to allow this".

Even when I click yes, the email does not get sent. AND, I can not click yes everytime a message needs to be sent. How can I get emails sent out using SMTP, prefered, or MAPI, if I have no choice.

Could you please review the files and tell me why hangups ar not being picked up in Voiceguide and what I need to do to get them working.

How do the VoIP adapters which are attached to the Dialogic card signal that call has ended?

Do they play any special tone when call is finished?

Its highly likely that each adapter signals end of call differently - so you'll need to find this out for each VoIP adapter type which you are using.

VG simply would not send the message via SMTP and after wasting a few hours, I decided to simply load Outlook into the computer and try using MAPI. Using MAPI, I get a Microsoft security error saying, " A program is automatically trying to send email on your behalf... Do you want to allow this".

Even when I click yes, the email does not get sent. AND, I can not click yes everytime a message needs to be sent. How can I get emails sent out using SMTP, prefered, or MAPI, if I have no choice.

Microsoft has in 2000SP2, 2002 and 2003 versions of Outlook blocked the ability for other programs to send emails though it using the straightforward MAPI approach. Apparently Outlook 2007 will not popup this message if antivirus software is installed on the machine.

SMTP is the preferred approach these days.

We'll need to see the "Email Sender" log to see why the emails are not getting through.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

All four of my VOIP boxes are UTStarcom iAN-02EX boxes (lingo, owned by Primus) which use SIP protocol. I was told that the Ringback tones are 2,000 - 480 MHz, VOIP doaltone is 1000-440 MHz. Nobody seems to have any idea if that is the same as the tone generated, assuming one is, when someone hangs up.

Any idea how to find this tone?

For the email section, here is the trace file for the SMTP attempt.

Thanks for the assit.

Jeff

0111.zip

Any idea how to find this tone?
Just record it using VoiceGuide's Record module (just start recording then hang up) and then analyze the frequencies using any of the more advanced sound editors. Example provided in : http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

Please update to latest version of VoiceGuide for Dialogic and supply traces from this newest version.

I've upgraded to 6.0.3243 and reran the debug trace.

Also, since installing the newest version, it seems that VG sometimes hangsup correctly, and sometimes has to time out before moving to the next module, my hagup routine.

Anyway, here is the trace so we can figure out why the email is not being sent.

Thanks

0111es.zip

Please attach the script which is being used as well. (the script which was attached before does not send any emails)

The trace from the Email Sender is showing use that:

194110.98 0 smtp SendFailed The file you tried to attach does not exist
and we can see in script that in the Send Email module [send Email] the file to attach was specified as:

$RV_CIDNUMBER_$RV_CIDNAME_$RV_MM$RV_DD_$RV_HH$RV_NN$RV_SS.wav

When script is ran this expression is evaluated at the time when the module [send Email] is ran, so the resulting filename will be different then that which the Record module [leave message] created - because it evaluated the expression at the commencement of recording...

You can see this in VGM trace as well:

194116.12 1 state [leave message] Recording C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\On Target Wave Files\__0111_194116.wav

194129.99 1 state [send Email] Send Email

194129.99 1 rv replace start: [$RV_CIDNUMBER_$RV_CIDNAME_$RV_MM$RV_DD_$RV_HH$RV_NN$RV_SS.wav]

194129.99 1 rv replace end: [__0111_194129.wav]

See how the recorded filename is __0111_194116.wav and the file you are trying to append is __0111_194129.wav

What you should be specifying in the [send Email] module's Attachment field is:

$RV[leave message]

Jeffa,

How are you getting on with Hang-Up detection? I have done a lot of work in this area myself lately so if you need a hand give me a shout.

If, as you say, you are getting hang up detect occasionally, but sometimes it doesent detect and just times out, I would guess you are recieving some kind of hang up tone, but the frequencies arent set in the configline.xml

Cheers

Simon

Fluffy,

I just recorded the hangup tone using the record module and analyzed the two peaks. I then changed the config file as per the forum response above and reran VG. Unfortunately, VG hung up before I got to speak, so I need to figure out what variables I changed and tweak them.

Thanks

Jeff

Sounds like you now have a problem with correctly setting hangup detection(?).

Please describe in detail what you are seeing happening on system.

Have you resolved the Send Email problem now?

No, I have been waiting for a response from your support team, and it seems that everything got dropped. If you read the entire set of this post, you will see that I have two major problems, Support is supposed to be working on resolving the email issue and I am waiting for someone to loog at the previously attached trace file to figure out wht the emailing is not working.

As for the hangup, I believe the solution is close, I need to change a few settings in the config file.

So, Please try to resolve the email issue.

Thanks

Please try to resolve the email issue.
The explanation why the emails were not being sent by your script was detailed a few posts back...

Here are the final two lines from that post:

What you should be specifying in the [send Email] module's Attachment field is:

$RV[leave message]