VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Exhaust Memory Usage With At&t Natural Voices

Hi, I'm having problems with excessive memory usage when AT&T Natural Voices is being used. I'm using the play sound module with either static text, or text from an externat .txt file. Every time voiceguide hits such a play module, it creates an instance of TTSDesktopProxy.exe. Every instance takes about 10 to 20 MB of RAM and stays in forever until closing the voiceguide application. The problem does not exist when using MS TTS engine. Do you think it is Voiceguide's problem, or something with the Natural Voices engine ? How can i solve this problem ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Patch Note:

It has been observed that on some systems the AT&T TTS engine will leak memory with every use (even though when using MS TTS no such leak is observed).

The attached fix ensures that the AT&T TTS engine does not leak memory.

This fix is to be applied to v5.0 Beta12 (Beta13 and later will have the fix included).

Attached file includes:

SapiWrap.ocx

VgMulti.exe

To apply:

1. Go to Windows System 32 directory

2. run regsvr32 -u SapiWrap.ocx

3. copy new SapiWrap.ocx into the System32 directory

4. run regsvr32 SapiWrap.ocx

5. Update the Beta12 install directory with the new VgMulti.exe

AT_T_Memory_leak_fix.zip

Thanks for the quick response. What about the current main stream version 4.9 ? I suppose the patch would only work for the beta 5.0. The problem is observed also on older version (4.4). Is there a patch for those ?

No patch for older versions - the mod to adjust opertaion to handle AT&Ts mem leaks will only be available in 5.0 onwards

(After all, the bug is really on AT&T's side...)