VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Appointment Reminder With Dial Out After Database Query

Dear Support Forum,

I have an access database query that returns all daily overdue appointments for various contractors. Each record includes a cell phone and home phone number which I would like to call to remind the contractor that their appointment is 1 hour pass the due time. The query is based on the current time so anytime it is run, you get all records back that are overdue by an hour. As appointments are calling into and confirmed by the contractors, the appointments are removed from the query.

The goal is to run this query every 15 minutes or so, and then place outbound calls to the contractors who have not called in and updated their appointments as completed.

I have read all the ways of inputting data into the loader; however, I don't see how to run this access query automatically and start the process automatically. Do I need to do this externally from VG in a batch file or something?

Is there any way to have a script start runnning automatically when VG loads. If so I could do the query upfront and the loop through the results while using the Send Phone Message Module?

David

how to run this access query automatically and start the process automatically. Do I need to do this externally from VG in a batch file or something?
Yes. There are many task scheduling software out there. There is even a scheduler provided for free with Windows.

Google "Windows Scheduler" or see: http://www.iopus.com/guides/winscheduler.htm

Keep VG running all the time and just load calls into OutDial Que as needed.