VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outdialque.mdb - Callque Table Refresh Cycle After Outbound Calls

Hi Support Team,

I look at the help file and the online kb, but failed to see an answer for the following…

I noticed that the CallQue table it’s dropped & recreated after outbound calls are made, this behavior seems to be by design.

Is there a parameter that I can pass to the executable so that when I call VoiceGuide it does not delete the contents of the CallQue table? And, is there a build in method via which the results of the calls (i.e.: OutDial_Uncontactable_Busy.txt, OutDial_Contacted_Human.txt) could be added into a table instead of a collection of external .txt files?

I think I can get around de Callque deletion by using two tables and a little sql, one table would have all the calls to be placed overt time called ‘CallHistory’ and the existing ‘Callque’ table which has the calls to be made next, the CallHistory table would be updated after each call is made. Before I invest time with my solution, I wanted to check with you about whether or not there is a built in solution or a less complex one.

Regards,

Ralph

The CallQue table is not deleted after outbound calls are made.

Only time the CallQue could be deleted is if v6 of VoiceGuide detects that an old format CallQue table (from v5.x) is on the system - and in that case the old DB is deleted on program exit and and the updated version is created by VG on program start.

Can you descibe in more detail what you are seeing, and maybe post some traces from VG as well.

And, is there a build in method via which the results of the calls (i.e.: OutDial_Uncontactable_Busy.txt, OutDial_Contacted_Human.txt) could be added into a table instead of a collection of external .txt files?
You'd need to do this yourself from the "VBScript to run if the call was not connected."