VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Hang Up Every Time It Answers

I have a the Home version registered. I set up a simple Voice Mail script. It works fine from my house. When I put the computer in a small office building, the call gets disconnected immediately. When I call in, I hear 3 rings, a dial tone, then my initial message starts playing, with the dial tone going concurrently.

I don't know what kind of phone system is in the office building. Again, the system works perfectly from home, just not in this office building.

24417 0 tapie callstate OFFERING 4330880 0 4

24419 0 tapie ring 1

30480 0 tapie ring 2

36485 0 tapie ring 3

36487 0 Answer the call

36663 0 lineAnswer(4330880) => 11

jdd- dial tone starts playing around here

36667 0 tapi Reply 11 0

36673 0 tapie callstate CONNECTED 4330880,0,0

36674 0 WorkingModeTAPI=

36676 0 WorkingModeScript=

36680 0 Inband detection not enabled

36683 0 [Welcome] Number Input

36685 0 [Welcome] Playing (SnokingGreeting.wav)

36760 0 PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\SnoKing Voicemail\SnokingGreeting.wav]

40273 0 tapie callstate DISCONNECTED 4330880,1,0

40275 0 LsGetNbrsPlayWelcMsg EV_REMOTEPARTY_DISCONNECT

40957 0 PlaySoundStop ok

40961 0 HangupCall called from []

40963 0 Hanging up call...

40968 0 PlaySoundStop ok

40986 0 fnHangupCall end

40995 0 tapie callstate IDLE 4330880 0 0

40998 0 WorkingMode@Idle=

41004 0 set EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE 2

41008 0 tapi Reply 12 0

42112 0 LsAwaitingCalls EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE

42116 0 ReinitTelephony due to IDLE start

42125 0 tapic lineDeallocateCall(MainCall:4330880) 0

44622 0 lineOpen(0) => 0

44627 0 Waiting for a call...

We can see in trace that the modem reports to the program that it has heard the busy tone about 4 seconds after starting to play the mesasge:

36760 0 PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\SnoKing Voicemail\SnokingGreeting.wav]

40273 0 tapie callstate DISCONNECTED 4330880,1,0

The solution usually is to change (re-record) the sound file used or to change the modem itself...

Related:

http://www.katalinatech.com/suppKB.htm#006

http://katalinatech.com/forums/index.php?a...ct=ST&f=2&t=341

So why does it work perfectly from my home, and behave like this from another location?

Don't know... I take it that you are using the same modem?

Looks like the difference in telephone line characteristics was enough in this case to start the modem detecting false busy signals on the line... some modems are like this, Dialogic cards are better designed to handle a variety of conditions.

It works with Super Voice software, but not Voice Guide. I tried another modem that was in the pinned list, the Creative v.92, and got the same results. Works with Super Voice, not with Voice Guide. Unfortunately, Voice Guide has the features I want.

This is a small not profit org - can you recommend a Dialogic card that I might be able to get cheap, that has a high probability of working? by cheap I mean under $100.

So did you try both modems in both locations and in both cases VoiceGuide+modem worked at home, but not in the office?

Did you use the same sound file with SuperVoice as with VoiceGuide?

It's the sound file that is causing this problem - have you tried re-recording the sound file or using a different sound file?

Supervoice uses the same way of controlling the modem as the old VoiceGuide v2.9 - so you could try using that version if you'd like - it's still available for download from the VoiceGuide Downloads web page - but as I've mentioned I would try to re-record the sound file first...

Second hand Dialogic cards can be purchased quite cheap on Ebay..

Is there any change there is something odd about the behaviour of the phone system in that building that your software does not handle? I'm located in Seattle, and your company is Australian. Do the phones ring on the Left down there?:)

As mentioned above, 90% sure changing/re-recording the sound file will make this false-busy detection go away...

I tried using the example Voice Mail script and had the same results. Also - this should make you chuckle - I don't have the equipment to record the wav file, so I got the file I wanted by calling up and leaving a message. The message is what I was trying to use for my initial greeting! Regardless, the example greeting delivered with Voice Guide also did not work.

Really can't add more to this then what was said before...

One way to ensure that modem has little chance to false detect a busy tone in a sound file is to test it out with a short sound file - eg: 0.wav from VoiceGuide's \system\voice\ directory...

I downloaded version 2.9 hoping that would do the trick - we have very simple requirements - but the Setup routine does not work. I get an error stating "could not fine VBRun30.dll". That must be some really old software if its looking for VBRun30!

1998 I think... you can get VB3.0 runtime DLLs from a number of places - plz try www.download.com or similar...

I tried 0.wav and got the same problem. I'll dig up vbrun30.dll and try that. If that does not work, I will not be able to use this software. I do not think the wave file is the problem. It works at home, does not work at that office, the only thing different is the phone system.