VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

VoiceGuide With NEC IPK II

could you please call me at 858.869.4559 to discuss set up of IVR with IPKII,

They currently have an IPKII configured with a PRI, 8 port central office board, 16 digital extensions, and 12 analog extensions. it is my understanding you are looking for inband signaling, is that correct? If so what settings do you need from me to accomplish what you are looking for in your IVR.

To setup VoiceGuide to receive Inband Signalling we need to know what inband signalling the PBX is going to be sending to the IVR (VoiceGuide).

Once the format is known then VoiceGuide can be configured to interpret the Inband Signalling. See:

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/InbandSignaling.htm

Do you have a specification which details the Inband Signalling sent by this PBX? Please post here if available.

Adam,

Steve our new NEC tech would very much like to speak with you in regards to the specifics of the Inband signaling. He mentioned it is DMT? But, would you be able to talk later today in the afternoon? Please call our office at 858 866 4260 or steve at his cell phone number.

Adam

I was wondering who will be running the call progress tests on the IVR? Are there any specific ports on the IVR that need to be used for voice mail application? I was informed that there are 12 ports available. Will all ports be used for dailer and voice mail? also which ports will be used for MW application? I can set up my IPK II digital stations to forward to the IVR via the analog ports, but when we set up the analog ports there is a specific setting that will not allow the analog ports to dial out. please respond so we can get the ball rolling on this, Adam is very anxious to get this going. ty Steve 858.869.4559

Are there any specific ports on the IVR that need to be used for voice mail application?
No. VoiceGuide can accept calls arriving on any port. You can assign in VoiceGuide which script is ran when call arrives on that port on a per-port basis.

Will all ports be used for dailer and voice mail?
They can be. It's up to you which ports you want to use.

but when we set up the analog ports there is a specific setting that will not allow the analog ports to dial out. please respond so we can get the ball rolling on this
So it sounds like that setting should not be used then...

Please do not start separate threads on the same topic - continue discussions about the same topic in the same thread.

Adam,

Steve our NEC PBX phone tech is going to come Monday or Tuesday to set up the PBX and to do the phone testing with you to detect the inband signaling for the VG program. I believe you still have access to dial and to perform any tests. We would like to do this 3pm our time on Monday or Tuesday. Will you be available to dial and test with us? I belive this falls under our warranty package purchased.

Adam

Bank Transactions, Inc.

858 866 4260

VG team,

Steve (our NEC guy) will be at our office Tomorrow at 3:00pm our time which I believe is 7am your time? Will this work?

Adam

Bank Transactions, Inc.

Here is the Inband Signaling definition file for NEC Elite IPK II

These inband definitions are for signaling sent by PBX when it is transferring calls to external voicemail extensions. So VoiceGuide is effectively an 'External Voicemail System'.

InbandSignaling_NEC_Elite_IPK_II.txt