VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Change Voice Files Without Restart Vg

Hi Support,

I made a script to make callers dial into the system to listen to announcements according jobs that will be done or not by a service team.

-When there is a job

and the caller press 1 to listen, the caller hears for example wave file "JOB.WAV" with the contents that there is a job at bla bla bla time today.

-When there is not a job

and the caller press 1 to listen, the caller hears wave file JOB.WAV again but with a other content.

This is working.

You must the change the contents of the voice file many times.

But you must restart VG every time when the file have changed.

Is there an other way to do this because there could be other service running on VG and it will be a problem if you stop VG. I need a solution please.

Thank you

But you must restart VG every time when the file have changed.

No. Nothing needs to be restarted. When you save the new version of the sound file it will be used the next time VG plays that sound file.

An other approach is to save the new sound file as some other name, and change the script to use the new file. Again, nothing needs to be restarted - VG will use the new version of the script for all new calls after the script is saved. This may be a better approach in higher volume systems.

Will there be a potential problem here because the associated VOX file will still contain the old voice prompt?

I thought if the corresponding VOX file exists, then the system doesent do another WAV to VOX conversion, and it plays the existing VOX file. Ergo, if you just change the WAV it will still play the old VOX file and not the new WAV.

....or maybe you changed this in a later version of VG?

Just a thought anyway.

Thank you fluffybunny,

That is the reason why I am asking this question because I experienced this problem.

I download Vg for dialogic

Hello Support,

I doesn't work

Regards

I thought if the corresponding VOX file exists, then the system doesent do another WAV to VOX conversion, and it plays the existing VOX file. Ergo, if you just change the WAV it will still play the old VOX file and not the new WAV.

If VoiceGuide script is set to play a .WAV file then VoiceGuide for Dialogic looks at the WAV file first, and if the WAV file is newer then the VOX file (or VOX does not exist) then VGD will convert the WAV file first to the VOX file before playing the VOX file.

Have you tried this approach:

An other approach is to save the new sound file as some other name, and change the script to use the new file.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Hello Support,

I tried it again and so I overwrite the new wave file. When I click on the wave file it is playing the new content but VG it is playing the old one.

I send you the logs

New_wave_file_Log.zip

The TW trace shows that each time VoiceGuide was asked to play AFTELLEN.WAv file, VoiceGuide looked at the date of the file and Windows indicated that the file's date was: "Mon Aug 25 06:42:10 2003"

Can you view the file's Properties and check what the Created and Modified timestamps on the file are?

The .WAV file's "Modified" time needs to be newer then the .VOX files "Modified" time for VoiceGuide to convert the WAV file to VOX file and play it. Otherwise the existing VOX file is played.

Maybe the second file which you are copying over has the "Modified" time set to "Mon Aug 25 06:42:10 2003" and that time does not change when you copy it?

Please check the "Modified" times of the files you use/create and what happens to the "Modified" time when you copy the files over.

How did you create the new files? If the file has just been created it should not have a "Modified" time set to some time back in 2003...

081614.500 conv wav[C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\AFTELLEN.WAv][Mon Aug 25 06:42:10 2003

][944302] same or older then vox[C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\AFTELLEN.vox][Fri Dec 01 08:15:45 2006

][42640] (modified time comparison). not converting wav->vox.