VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voicemail Bug With Message Waiting Light

If a caller rings voicemail, and enters a mailbox number, and then during the mailbox greeting they decide not to leave a message and hang up, (the greeting might say they are on holiday for 2 weeks for example)the system still dials the code to switch the message waiting light on, even though there was no message left for the user.

Big problem as I am going live with this VM tomorrow!!

Log files attached show the problem

vmlog.zip

Hi,

Just wanted to say what an excellent response you have given over this issue (and also the other post I made regarding the message waiting light being switched off ONLOGIN), and many thanks for providing the fix so quickly.

And it works perfectly! (I havent tried the ONLOGIN fix yet, but if you dont hear from me, assume this works too)

I managed to go live with the voicemail system today as planned and it is now providing a central voicemail service for over 300 subscribers.

(Having said this I'll probably be inundated with support calls from the users tomorrow!!)

I have a few small problems / enhancements to suggest to the voicemail system but I will list these and post them as a new issue. They are mainly minor, and non urgent though.

Thanks again.

Simon

Just wanted to say what an excellent response you have given over this issue (and also the other post I made regarding the message waiting light being switched off ONLOGIN), and many thanks for providing the fix so quickly.