VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Application Crashed When Receiving A Fax

The vg application crashed after receiving a fax. I have a scheduled task running every 5-minutes to check to see if the vg process is running and if it is not then it restarts the application. Unfortunately the error didn't terminate the application and it just hung there doing nothing.

So I'd like to know 2 things:

1. How can I make it so the IVR doesn't crash when a fax dials in?
  2. And can I configure the application to terminate itself when it encounters a critical error?
I'm attaching the logs for the last hour it was running.

1121tw.txt

1121vgm.txt

Traces show that you are using v6.0.3157 of VoiceGuide.

Please update your system to current version of VoiceGuide and try the fax call scenario again with the current version.

Also, could you try removing your custom FAX tone definition and instead using the TID_FAX2 tone definition? (modifying it if needed).

Did you specify a "Fax Handoff" program to be used in VG.INI?

Fax Handoff is not something that can be done in VG for Dialogic - you need to use a "FAX" path and not specify a fax handoff program. Specifying a Fax Handoff program in older versions of VG for Dialogic would result in problems as the TAPI based call handoff control does not work from within VG for Dialogic.

Current version of VG for Dialogic guards against this by not attempting TAPI fax handoff.

When a fax call is detected it should be just transferred to the fax extension/line.

Fax handoff does not work for any of the TAPI systems either - there are just no TAPI fax programs out there which accept handoff - to handle fax you need to just transfer the call to the fax machine extension/line.

I've posted before about this issue but still don't have a fix. A few times our IVR has been called by a fax machine, and those few times it has crashed. I need to know what needs to be done to eliminate this issue. If anyone else has experienced similar problems and resolved them PLEASE tell me how I can do the same.

Thank you.

112906_Error.txt

IVRtest.vgs

Traces show that you are still using v6.0.3157 of VoiceGuide.

Please update your system to current version of VoiceGuide and try the fax call scenario again with the current version.

What Dialogic card are you using and which version of Dialogic System Release drivers are you using?

Please do not create multiple threads about the same topic. All posts about the same topic should be posted in one thread.

My apologies for creating multiple threads.

To answer the questions from the previous posts.

-No Fax Handoff program was specified in the VG.ini.

-I modified my FAX tone definition to reflect the TID_FAX2 definition.

-The script contains a FAX path that automatically terminates the call.

-The Dialogic card being used is model: D/120JCT-LS

-The Dialogic System Software is Release SR5.1.1, Version DNA5, Build 30

I have downloaded the newer version of VoiceGuide and will install it during our off peak hours or the next time a crash occurs. If the install will not disrupt the IVR I will upgrade immediately.