VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide External Interface For Host Scenarios

Hello,

We would like to use VoiceGuide to develop the following;

• Event calling system (i.e.: call all my friends to remind them about my upcoming birthday)

• Appointment reminder with confirmation app (i.e.: Doctor appointment reminder/confirmation )

Both of the above applications seem to be very doable with VoiceGuide. However we would like to host these applications so that users would access and use the applications via a web page hosted by us. Does VoiceGuide:

1. Have an interface/integration layer to expose functions/methods of the apps where we can develop a web page which will manage the Event Calling and Appointment reminder app via a URL?

-OR-

2. Is there a VoiceGuide application command line, where we can compile our app while specifying the respective arguments to be provided when the app is called via a shell window?

Thanks in advanced!

Regards,

RGF

Indeed it does, thank you for the pointer and for the prompt response.

I’ll take that the Out Dial file (XML input), would do the job of taking & queue'ing calls to be made, with the source of the information being an external page – so Voiceguide could be use to develop hosted applications (one of our project goals).

After reading the link you sent I am left with the following questions;

• Is there TTS engine support (perhaps not documented)?

• For a hosted appointment confirmation type application, are there methods for capturing a user input (i.e.:

press 1 to confirm, press 2 to cancel, ress 3 to repeat press 0 to talk to a live agent)

• Is there a method to automatically schedule calls for next day if the queue'd calls are not finished within

the specified time window?

Ralph

• Is there TTS engine support (perhaps not documented)?

Yes. See the Downloads page for a list of some TTS engines which can be used.

For a hosted appointment confirmation type application, are there methods for capturing a user input (i.e.:

press 1 to confirm, press 2 to cancel, ress 3 to repeat press 0 to talk to a live agent)

Yes. I'd recommend you read the Help file sections on the basic modules (Play Get numbers etc) and on Result Variables.

• Is there a method to automatically schedule calls for next day if the queue'd calls are not finished within

the specified time window?

Yes. You can specify allowed call times and schedule calls individually as well. All the information on this is included in http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm

Thank you for the prompt and directive responses.

Sounds like I have a little reading to do on the subject...:) thanks for all the pointers as well.

regards,

Ralph