VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problem With Voicemail Manager V5.2.1005

I have the demo version of VG. I'm trying to record a voice mailbox welcome message. Whenever I click on the red record button, it pops up an error giving me "Run-time error '53': File not found."

How do I fix this?

Please download the current version of VoiceGuide from our WWW and try with that version.

Actually, the VG version I have is newly downloaded from your website. It's version 6.0.3184. But the Voicemail Manager System that came with it is v5.2.1005. So it's the most recent one.

Looks like the Voicemail Manager application cannot find the default Sound Recorder application on your system.

The default Sound Recorder application used is the Windows' own Sound Recorder : SndRec32.exe

Check if SndRec32.exe is installed on your system, and if it is then edit the VG.INI file to specify the full path to the SndRec32.exe.

See VG.INI section [PlayRecordConfig], entry "RecEditor"

You can of course change the VG.INI entry to point to the sound editor of your choice.

Attached VMManager will report this advice instead of throwing the error if the default Sound Recorder application cannot be found.

NB. The welcome messages for each voicemail box are just sound files placed in the VG's \data\VmWelc\ directory. eg. file "0001.wav" is used as the welcome mesage for voicemail box 0001.

VgVmMgr_6.0.1.zip

Hi,

Where is the option to select a sound file to play for the voicemail box welcome message? I can't find it.

Ok, I tested it with the Voicemail Manager v6 that you gave me. Now when I click on the Record button (red button) for the voicemail box name, it gives me an error

Cannot open 'C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\VmWelc\0001_name.wav'.

Then, when I click ok, it opens sound recorder.

It seems like the voicemail manager is having problems creating the wav file or something.

How was I supposed to know this, and how to I fix this?

From where are you trying to play the recording?

Does the recording for the voicemail welcome message exist? (in VG's \data\VmWelc\ subdirectory).

I only tried to click the record button in the Voicemail Manager, and it gives me that error. The file for the voicemail welcome message does NOT exist, and it was not created.

Shouldn't it be created automatically?

Shouldn't it be created automatically?
If you want to have customized welcome message for a particular voicemail box they need to be recorded. If a customized welcome message is not recorded the default welcome message is used by the system when a caller is sent to the voicemail box.

I only tried to click the record button in the Voicemail Manager, and it gives me that error.
That issue was addressed a few posts back in this thread.

My question is, how am I supposed to know that my customized welcome message needs to be named 0001.wav and placed in "C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Data\VmWelc\"?

It seems logical to me that when I click on the record button in voicemail manager, it should automatically create that file.

Why don't other people have this problem?

when I click on the record button in voicemail manager, it should automatically create that file.
Yes, this happens if the Sound Recorder application starts...

Why don't other people have this problem?
The default Sound Recorder application (SndRec32.exe) is installed by default on most systems...

Oh, actually, my system is a standard one. Sound Recorder WAS installed by default.

My vg.ini file had RecEditor=sndrec32.exe

It didn't find my default Sound Recorder though, so I had to go into windows/system32/ and copy the sndrec32.exe over to the VoiceGuide program folder.

Also, the error still displays if the file doesn't exist. Once I click okay, *then* Sound Recorder pops up.

Why?

Do the directories:

C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Data\VmWelc\

C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Data\VmSave\

exist on your system?

If not please create the \VmWelc\ and \VmSave\ subdirectories and try again. I understand some releases did not create those directories.

No, those directories did not exist on my system. In the error message, the "data" folder is not capitalized, but in my VoiceGuide system folder, it is. I don't know if it made a difference.

I just renamed the Data folder to data, and added the VmWelc and VmSave folders, but it *still* gives me the same error, cannot open "C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\VmWelc\0001_name.wav'.

However, when I copy a .wav file into the VmWelc folder and rename it to 0001_name.wav, it no longer gives me that error message.

Wow, that actually worked. Thanks!

What was the problem? Do you know why nobody else seems to have this problem?

Looks like the recently released install did not always copy those files... We have fixed the install now. The one available from our WWW now will always copy those files.