VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Updated To 3179

Hello,

We have recently completed the update to 6.0.3179 due to the memory leak issues that were causing our outbound dialing to halt midway thru. We make extensive use of the OUTDIAL logs in order to send paper notifications to the contacts when the lines are busy, an answering machine is reached, etc. Since we've updated, the new VG appears to log everything into OUTDIAL_Uncontactable_TimeOut instead of the correct failure.

Honestly, I'm a bit suspicious that the failures are even correct since the last batch of 800 calls had 3 failures and 797 successful calls. That kind of success has never happened before and makes me wonder if the whole log system isn't off.

At any rate, we are simply using the load calls feature with no scripts (due to a regulation we have, we must call the person and record success or failure - failure generating additional actions; however, the age of the contact means it has to be REALLY simple) We are using a Dialogic D/4 PCI card. I've tested the functionality against a busy line and it definitely sends it to TimeOut instead of Busy. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Marshall

I've tested the functionality against a busy line and it definitely sends it to TimeOut instead of Busy.
It sounds like the tone settings for the Busy/Disconnected/etc. tones played by your phone company have not been set properly. Please read this section of the VG help file: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

When making outgoing calls using analog lines you rely on Dialogic card detecting and correctly interpreting to tone it hears playing on the line. If you want to get explicit notification when a call has been answered you must use T1/E1 ISDN lines - only ISN signalling will give you 100% reliability in detecting when outgoing call has been answered or phone is busy etc.