VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Wav Format

I have wav files in the following format PCM 44KHz (44000Hz), 16 bit Mono format (Bitrate : 705 kbps), and when I am trying to use this files I am getting an error

"error playing file please chek the file format"

Is there any way I can use this files??

Or shall I have to use

PCM 8000Hz, 16bit, Mono format (Bitrate : 128 kbps) (voice modem , but this format is also playing)

OR

PCM 11025Hz, 8bit, Mono format (Bitrate : 88 kbps)(Needed for dialogic)

I have Dialogic D4PCI, Which format would you recommend?? If I am correct in one of the posting its mentioned 16KHz..

Does bitrate play any role??

Your help will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

You will need to convert these files over to the required format - just open them in Windows' Sound Recorder (or any sound editor), choose "Save As" and select the format to save in (PCM 11025Hz, 8bit, Mono)

From VoiceGuide Help file:

Windows Voice Modem Wave driver can only support sound files in the following format PCM 8000Hz, 16bit, Mono. When using Voice modems all sound files must be recorded in the above format.

Dialogic Wave driver prefers sound files in the following format PCM 11025Hz, 8bit, Mono. When using a Dialogic card, all sound files should be recorded in the above format.

VoiceGuide comes with a number of pre-recorded system files.

These files located in directory \system\voice\ are recorded in the PCM 8000Hz, 16bit, Mono format.

These files located in directory \system\voicedlgc\ are recorded in the PCM 11025Hz, 8bit, Mono format.

VoiceGuide will automatically detect if a Dialogic card is used and will select the \system\voicedlgc\ directory to be used. An alternative system directory can be specified in the script by assigning the directory path to the DIRSYSTEMVOICE Result Variable. Please see the multi language section for more information on this.