VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Recognition

Hi,

I browsed on some items on the Support Forum and for Voice recognition (posted Sep 2006), is to coordinate with VoiceGuide directly.

I needed to do regression test on some Voice Mail we are try to evaluate. Here is what I plan:

1. Make a script that can call out to a certain numbers at particular time schedule

2. Able to recognize the played prompts (there will be several prompts that may be played but all possible cases will be defined..)

3. based on the prompt, certain script will be executed by dialing out specify DTMF

4. If there will be a record of the response time by the time DTMF has been executed from the time the next prompt heard/ played, then that will be very helpfull.

5. Then based on the response/ played prompt, certain scripts will then executed... and the cycle go on.

6. There will be a process where I need to play a wav file to simulate user leaving voice mail.

I need a voice recognition software that will determine the played prompts. Does VoiceGuide have such software? And if there is, is it possible to have an evaluation copy to test it (to be sure it meats our needs)? How much will it cost? based on this, what software will I bee needing (Voice guide professional w/ dialer or Enterprise w/ dialler)?

I have read lots of excellent feedback regarding your software in terms of Voice Mail System... and I really want to use your software if it also meets my requirements.

We'll appreciate your feedback on this matter.

2. Able to recognize the played prompts (there will be several prompts that may be played but all possible cases will be defined..)

Using Speech Recognition to do tests on another system is a bit of an expensive overkill, and probably not the right approach as the speech recognition has a high enough failure rate to rule itself out as a testing tool.

Your best approach would be to replace the other system's prompts with prompts which play back the prompt ID number using DTMFs - that way it's easy to detect what prompt number is being played, and that approach is very reliable, allowing you to do the regression tests with confidence.

Professinal+Dialer version should be enough, but if you want to save timestamps down to fraction of a second resolution then you may need to use VBScripts and hance will need the Enterprise+Dialer version.

You can use the available evaluation version for testing.