VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Update From 6.0.3140 To 6.0.3179

Currently my system is running the v.6.0.3140. I have been following the 'old' method of upgrading VG by replacing the kttelcontrol.ocx and vgmulti.exe. There is a need to update to 3179 because my system is probably suffering from the memory leak issue due to too many vb scripts running, esp before pick-up, and it seems that the new version has solved this problem. However, it seems that the update methodology has changed and I want to be sure before I make any change to the production server:

1. Previously I only need to update the kttelcontrol.ocx and vgmulti.exe. I see 3179 is released with an .exe to install the vg again. My question is: can I still use the same approach to update by replacing the 2 files?

2. I dare not run the .exe because it seems to re-install the programmes, and particularly my installation is not installed to the default directory but the new exe seems to give no choice on the directory to use.

3. Another concern is that for a long time I have been using an 'old' version of config.xml. (Somehow I never got the the 'new' files to work.) I don't want the fresh install to over-write those files.

4. The new version needs .net 2.0 ---- is that for the status monitor programme?

I hope the reply is that I can just update the ocx and exe as previously done, to minimize the risk in every update, and to allow easy restoration to the previous version if needed.

Thanks,

can I still use the same approach to update by replacing the 2 files?
Yes. The OCX file is now called ktTel.ocx. Looks like you will need to run the installation on another machine and just get the two files from there.

4. The new version needs .net 2.0 ---- is that for the status monitor programme?
Yes. Only for the Status Monitor.