VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Announced Transfer -> Timeout To Voicemail?

I am trying to do an announced transfer, and if the person doesn't answer after 10 number of seconds, I'd like it to go into a voicemail box.

I have VoiceGuide TAPI with an analog dialogic card.

The script I have attempts to transfer just fine (puts caller on hold, rings the other number), and after 10 seconds it transfers the caller into voicemail. From which the caller can record the voicemail.

BUT - it's still ringing the other number and connected the caller with that ring as well, so our voicemail gets ringing superimposed on it. Not the most pleasant effect.

I know why, when doing a flash to end the announced transfer prematurely because it's just ringing, it doesn't actually hang up the number it's trying to transfer to.

So the question I ask; is there a way to tell VoiceGuide to hang-up, and not just flash? I've tried putting "D!" and "!D" in the PBX strings to no avail.

Thanks for any pointers.

I have VoiceGuide TAPI with an analog dialogic card.
You should be using VoiceGuide for Dialogic...

You can issue hookflashes and DTMFs from Play modules as well. This may be a better approach if you would like to have better control over when to issued the hookflash and when to play DTMF and when to hangup.

I upgraded to Voiceguide for Dialogic after this post. Boy has it been fun to work out the kinks from the TAPI version I was running.

I still have the same issue though with this post. I have the transfer timeout at 10 seconds, it goes to voicemail, voicemail picks up and the ringing from the other "party" chimes in and makes it an impossible solution.

I thought the Dialogic version has a {noanswer} path that if no human answers it takes that route? Am I missing something?

Could you please post a copy of the script used and VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which capture the call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.