VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Able To Dial Yesterday, But Not Today

Yesterday I was able to dial and today I am not. Every time I dial I get "waiting for answering machine" then disconnect. The phone doesnt ever ring. Do you see anything in the log that would indicate the phone line is not working correctly? I cannot. Thank you.

[Logs removed as per later request from bgharddisk]

Edited by SupportTeam

Trace shows that about 6 seconds after dialing the Dialogic card reports that an answering machine was detected. The system then begins recording what is heard on the line into a sound file.

122212.39 1 state Dialing 17068677815

122218.79 1 state AM - wait for end of welcome message...

122218.80 1 dial awaiting end of answering machine message (lvl:10 for 20)

122218.80 1 RecSoundStart [C:\voiceguide\temp\RecAm_1.wav] ok

and about 3 seconds later the Dialogic card has detected that there is a Disconnect tone present on the line.

122221.97 1 tw DialogicEvent 134,TDX_CST,192,0,0,DE_TONEON,DISCONNECT_TAPI1,

Listening to the sound file C:\voiceguide\temp\RecAm_1.wav would indicate what the telco is playing on the phone line after the call was made. Can you .zip up and post that file here?

Have you tried attaching the line on which the Dialogic card is making the call out on to a telephone handset and making the call out on that handset to see for yourself what happens on the line when that number is dialed?

I was unable to check the actual line with a handset because it is in a datacenter, but I played that .wav file and it was a busy tone. The lines are back online now. The datacenter changed something in their phone switch (our outbound CID) without warning me, which brought the lines down for a while.

Thank you for helping me analyze the log file. I didnt know that it recorded sounds on answering machine pickup. I have attached the sound file in case it may help someone else. Have a good one.

RecAm_1.wav

The lines are back online now. The datacenter changed something in their phone switch (our outbound CID) without warning me, which brought the lines down for a while.

Thanks for letting us know that it's all fine now.

VoiceGuide starts recording what is heard on the line as soon as Dialogic card reports that an automated system (Answering Machine) answered the call. It's used in determining when the answering machine message is finished so that VoiceGuide can start playing the message which is then recorded by the Answering Machine. It also helps us to hear what was happening on the line when the Dialogic card indicated that it thinks that an Answering Machine and not a live person answered the call.