VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Results

Does the system create a variable that I can post to my database that has the specific call status as it does in the result files? It would need to use the $RV[callid] I pass when I make the call so it can flag the correct record.

I am aware of OutDial_Uncontactable_NoAnswer.txt, OutDial_SIT_NoCircuit.txt etc, I do not have the skillset to parse the text files and compare/flag the database from them.

I am currently only able to post the status back to my database if the recipient presses a key response (through VBS in the call script) or if the retries run out and the OnNotConnect VBS script executes, but this can only tell me that it didnt connect, not the specific reason.

It would really be nice if I could post the specifics for the call not being connected, not just a plain "No Answer" which I am using now.

If I can use a script to do this, how and where?

Thank You.

I think you should be looking at the OnNotConnected option.

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm :

Command or a VB Script to run when the call attempt goes unanswered. Result Variables relating to the call just made may be used as part of the command or VB Script (this includes Result Variables which will indicate if there are any redial retries left for this telephone number).

from http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/ResultVariables.htm :

Outbound dialing related Result Variables

$RV[OutDial_RetriesLeft]

Number of retries left for an outgoing call. If this is the last call attempt then this RV will have a value of 0.

$RV[OutDial_Result]

When the outgoing call has been answered or the number of retries has been used up this RV stores the type of outcome. Possible values are: Contacted_Human, Contacted_AM Contacted_Pager, Contacted_Fax, Uncontactable_OnDontDialList, SIT_Reorder, SIT_NoCircuit, SIT_CustIrReg, SIT_Unknown, SIT_Unavailable, Uncontactable_NoAnswer

$RV[AmWelcMsg]

Length of Answering Machine message. in 100ms units. eg: a value of 40 would indicate answering machine message was 4 seconds long.

The OnNotConnected is usually only used when loading calls using the COM function Dialer_OutDialQueAdd

and using the OutDial_New.xml approach, but attached version of Telephone Number Loader will let you set that entry from within it as well.

VgDialer_6.0.2002.zip