VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Newbie - Needs Help To Get Started With Vg 6.0 Dialogic

Hi all :

I have been struggling for 3 days trying to get the new VG v6.0.3165 to work. Need some help or at least some kind guidance on how to begin. Managed to get the whole system installed with Dialogic card running on WinXP Pro SP3 system, using the instructions given.

But a few problems is occuring :

1. Cannot get the VoiceMail Manager to run, it says the application "Not Found". I didn't have this problem when I was using the old VG v5.2

2. I am totally exhausted trying to figure out the scripts (contrary to all the marketing that its easy to set up!!). Managed to get a script running to say Welcome, then user makes a choice... 1. for Sales 2. for Tech Support ... but dunno how to make recording.

Here's what I need to do is just to set up :

(a) a basic system for after hours / weekend support for my customers, so that when they call in they can chose which dept to leave their voice messages on the preset Voice Mailbox (e.g. Sales Enquiries, Tech Support, etc). It would be nice to have an email sent out (with the attached message) or the system to call preset tech team engineers and forward the calls to them.

(B) a basic set up to answer calls when my customer support team is away for lunch or busy attending to other customer calls... If not answered, then the caller would be asked to leave a message.

None of the sample scripts included in the package seems to give any clues on how to set it up.

I have no problem to record my own sound files, but am struggling to get the basic scripts, as the help file doesn't explain how to set up the various components.

It doesn't help that the Log Files and Script Configuration Wizard in v6.0 Dialogic is painful to use as the script file location needs to be edited manually in Config file (unlike in VG 5.2) and the Voicemail Manager is still not running...

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

- VG user struggling in Malaysia -

Cannot get the VoiceMail Manager to run, it says the application "Not Found".

Please download the currently available install - it now includes the VoiceMail Manager (which was left out from previous distribution).

It sounds like you just want the system to answer a call and depending on what key is pressed route the call to a particular voicemail box. A script like this would consist of just a single Play module...

Have you read this Help file entry: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Voic...ntroduction.htm ?

Have you had a look at the Voicemail Server demo script?