VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Missing Tapiwrap.ocx

Hello,

I just installed VG5.0 beta 4 and it says tapiWrap.ocx is missing...

Ok, i read thread http://katalinatech.com/forums/index.php?a...ct=ST&f=2&t=432 and followed your instructions. But i still cannot start VG because it says TapiWrap.ocx is not registered correctly. How to fix that?

I have another question. Using TTS in VG on a dialogic card, the sound files are recored in 11khz. We use AT&Ts NaturalVoices in 8khz. All wav files are prerecorded in 8khz. Some modules use tts. in this modules the voice sounds worse than the prerecorded ones. when the 8khz voice is recorded in 11khz it is "upsampled" and sounds not natural anymore. How can i force recording wav via tts in 8khz and not 11khz though using a dialogic card? i didn't find a proper xml tag to override vg's recording-settings.

thanks for help

The TAPIWRAP.OCX which ended up in Beta4 requires a Dialogic DLL - it will only work if Dialogic's System Release is already installed on the system. Beta5 should be out tomorrow with the appropriate changes to allow it to work on non-Dialogic systems.

Regarding TTS:

VoiceGuide asks the SAPI system to provide output files in 11kHz format when using Dialogic cards - and it does it in a similar manner as the Microsoft's sample TTS app provided when SAPI is installed.

On our test system we have installed the 16kHz AT&T TTS engine - and the output TTS WAV files VoiceGuide produces are the same that are produced from Microsoft's sample TTS apps ( as shown in thread http://katalinatech.com/forums/index.php?a...ct=ST&f=2&t=397 ).

We have not tested the 8kHz AT&T TTS engine and how it performs under various situations - I guess at this stage we'd recommend just purchasing the 16kHz engine - the difference in price is only $10 (see www.regsoft.net)