VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Script Writing - Outbound Call Recordings

Hi

I am a total beginner and not familiar with script writing, so wondered if you can help me on this.

I have looked through the example scripts provided with VG for Dialogic, but I am not a technical person, so it is very hard for me to understand the details.

I would like to have a script to perform the following:

a) once the line has been answered (by machine or human) to start recording the call

B) to end the recording once the line has been disconnected (would this be silence detection ??)

c) no recording will be made if the number called is not a valid tel number (i.e. the number does not ring)

d) if the number called just rings constantly, then no recording will be made

Many thanks

HK

Do you just want to dial the number and then record what the person/machine which answers the call says/plays after answering the call? If that's all you require then you just need to make a script consisting of one module - a record module. Then load the outgoing call to be made (See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm ) and set that record script to be used when the Live person answers the call and set "IGNORE" for the Answering Machine Script setting.

If it's something else that you need to do then please describe in more detail what is required.

Hi

I use the att record.vgs file currently.

The issue I have is it records the call (a) even if the number calld just rings (the recordings can last up to 54 seconds) or (B) if the number called is not a valid number.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

HK

Record_Call.vgs

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem - make one call to anon-existing number, and make one call to a number which is not answered.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces, and indicate which call was which.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Hi

I am using VG 6.0.3107 with Telephone Numbers Loader v5.2.1027, running on Win XP SP2 with Dialogic PCI4U board running SR6.0

Number 29033103 - non valid number (call recording is 54 seconds)

Number 28221202 - no reply from number (call recording is 54 seconds long)

I have attached two .zip files from the log directory with todays date in the file name - hope these are the ones you require.

I can also send you the two .wav files if required.

Thanks

HK

0920vgm.zip

0920tw.zip

This system is not even setup to do any detection of when (and if) the outgoing call has been answered.

In the vgm trace we can see:

130915.09 1 dial answering machine detection disabled (see VG.INI file section [VGDialer] entry AM_DetectionMode to enable it)

Edit the VG.INI's AM_DetectionMode setting to re-enable detection, and set the Answering Machine script to be "IGNORE", not "DISABLE" (trace shows that currently loaded calls have it set to "DISABLE").

Hi

I checked vg.ini and "AM_DetectionMode=Enabled" was already there (see below).

[VGDialer]

;Dialout announcement replay maximum count.

AnnReplay=10

;Guard time between end of incoming and start of any outgoing call on a line.

;ie: How long system waits after end of call before doing any outbound

;calls on the same line (sec)

AfterIdleWait=3

;Silence detection is used to judge when the answering machine

;message has stopped talking:

;Dialogic cards can detect if an answering machine answers the call.

;To Enable Dialogic's answering machine detection set AM_DetectionMode to "Enabled"

;To Disable Dialogic's answering machine detection set AM_DetectionMode to "Disabled"

AM_DetectionMode=Enabled

;AnswerMachine Silence detect length. In 100ms units (20 = 2 seconds)

AM_SilenceDetectLength=20

;AnswerMachine SilenceDetectLevel: range: 0-100.

;0 - don't detect silence, 100 - detect loud background noise as silence.

AM_SilenceDetectLevel=10

;Minimum length the answering machine message must be.

;Anything less then that will be regarded as a live answer.

;In 100ms units. 20 = 2 seconds

AM_WelcMsgMinLen=20

When I change DISABLE to IGNORE it resolves the issues over recording a non valid line and also when the number just rings - many thanks for that.

However, another issue now occurs.

The script does not start a recording when a voice message responds - this is something I wish to have a recording of.

Can you help me solve this ??

Is this a Dialogic control / action rather than VG ??

Many thanks

HK

I checked vg.ini and "AM_DetectionMode=Enabled" was already there (see below).

Hmm... could you please update to current release (right now that's 6.0.3160), run the test again, and post the traces as before.

Hi

No problem.

I have downloaded and installed 6.0.0.3160

vg.ini has AM_DetectionMode=Enabled

I use record.vgs and IGNORE

The traces are att (two zip files)

Number 29033103 - non valid number - it did make a recording (54 seconds long)

Number 28221202 - looks like someone answered but then hanged up - yet the recording continued therafter (full duration of recording is 54 seconds)

Let me know if the trace shows anything as to why the above has occured.

Many thanks

HK

0920vgm.zip

0920tw.zip

Traces show that the call to 29033103 was regarded by the Dialogic card as having been connected as the Dialogic card did not hear the telephone company play any tone to indicate that this number is disconnected. If nothing is heard then the Dialogic card assumes that the call was answered so fast that it did not even hear any 'ringback' tones - and so it regards the call as connected.

This is a limitation of Analog based systems. A digital T1/E1 ISDN system would send an explicit message indicating the number is unreachable/disconnected.

152435.02 1 state Dialing 29033103

152435.03 1 lineMakeCall=>[]

152435.58 1 LsWaitAfterDialingOut : 135,TDX_SETHOOK,0,0,0,DX_OFFHOOK,CALL_OUTBOUND,

152435.67 1 tw DialogicEvent 134,TDX_CST,8048,0,0,DE_LCON,,

152449.48 1 tw DialogicEvent 133,TDX_CALLP,10,1,0,TDX_CALLP,CR_CNCT,CON_CAD

Traces show that the call to 28221202 resulted in the Dialogic card detecting that an Answering Machine answered the call (about 13 seconds after dialing the number). Trace shows that the VoiceGuide recording script was started as soon as the Answering Machine was detected. The recording module continued recording until the timeout path fired and script branched to a hangup module - [Hangup the Call].

Did the telephone company play a disconnect/busy tone after the recipient of the call hung up? If yes then you should edit the disconnect/busy tone definition to match the tone played by the phone company. See the End of Call Detection section of the Help file: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

152549.25 1 state Dialing 28221202

152549.27 1 lineMakeCall=>[]

152549.81 1 LsWaitAfterDialingOut : 135,TDX_SETHOOK,0,0,0,DX_OFFHOOK,CALL_OUTBOUND,

152549.91 1 tw DialogicEvent 134,TDX_CST,479,0,0,DE_LCON,,

152603.23 1 tw DialogicEvent 133,TDX_CALLP,10,3,0,TDX_CALLP,CR_CNCT,CON_PVD