VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Basic Vm System Questions

I have really no experience with any of this stuff other than what I have gathered since I have started researching this.

What I am trying to accomplish:

I have a phone # though a VoiP company ( sunrocket ). When someone calls I want my phone to ring a certain numbers of times for me to answer and if not then a main message is heard. In the main message I want the callers to be able to " press one for mailbox 1, 2 for mailbox 2, ect. ) what program would this fall under?

Apparently the phone sevice doesn't provide the information to go to VoiP directly. Can I simply use a telephony or voice modem instead? Would I just plug the line from the VoiP converter box into the telephony card or modem?

I do not handle a large volume of calls, only one or two a day. I was thinking of going with a voice modem instead of a telephony card. Simply for the ROI factor. Does anyone think this is a bad idea? If it will be a major pain to use a modem I might consider otherwise. Are there any voicemodems out there that are rocommended?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Would I just plug the line from the VoiP converter box into the telephony card or modem?

Yes. The telephone can be attached to the same port. Use a 'line splitter' (sometimes known as a 'Y connector') which would plug into the main telephone socket (in your case that would be in the VoIP converter box). From the 'line splitter' one line would go to the telephony card and another one would go to the modem. When the incoming call arrives both devices will hear the ring.

I was thinking of going with a voice modem instead of a telephony card. [...] Does anyone think this is a bad idea?
Yes. Most likely you'll spend a lot of time trying to get a voice modem working right and you'll end up getting a Dialogic card in the end.

Are there any voicemodems out there that are rocommended?
There are no currently available voice modems out there that have been found to consistently work well for majority of users.