VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Autodialer Call Transfer

I am using a pbx call tranfer to trransfer to an outside number, when i call into VG everthing works great, but when i use the auto diler to call a number and that person selects the option to be transfered the action fails or rather i just get endless silence. Please help - Thanks. Below is the information from the Event Log from the failed action.

00187 5 PlaySoundStop ok

00187 5 [Trnasfer Call Message] Playing

00187 5 [Trnasfer Call Message] Playing (Transfer.wav)

00218 5 PlaySoundStart ok [D:\Documents and Settings\Scott Thibodeau\Desktop\GNC NEW DEMO\Transfer.wav]

00218 5 RunModule PLAY end

10921 5 wb(70018700)

11937 5 Play End line[5] (id=700187)

11937 5 LsPlayMsg EV_PLAY_FINISHED

11937 5 LsPlayMsgFinished EV_TIMEOUT_GOTOMODULE

12375 5 LsXferStart EV_TIMEOUT_READYTOBEGINTRANSFER

12375 5 [Transfer Call] Blind Transfer to 18884622548 (Generate)

12390 5 tapic lineGenerateDigits(66186,!) => 0

13062 5 tapie generate LINEGENERATETERM_DONE

14140 5 LsXferStart EV_TAPI_GENERATE

15234 5 LsXferPlayVts EV_HOOKFLASHFINISHED

15234 5 tapic lineGenerateDigits(66186,18884622548) => 0

16875 5 tapie generate LINEGENERATETERM_DONE

18015 5 LsXferPlayVts EV_TAPI_GENERATE

19109 5 LsXferPlayVts EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP

19109 5 PlaySoundStop ok

19109 5 HangupCall called from []

19109 5 Hanging up call...

19109 5 PlaySoundStop ok

19109 5 fnHangupCall end

19156 5 tapie linedevstate 2048 0 0

19156 5 tapie callstate IDLE 66186 0 0

19156 5 WorkingMode@Idle=

19171 5 set EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE 2

19171 5 tapi Reply 66237 0

20203 5 LsAwaitingCalls EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE

20203 5 ReinitTelephony due to IDLE start

20203 5 tapic lineDeallocateCall(MainCall:66186) 0

20359 5 lineOpen(5) => 0

20359 5 Waiting for a call...

20359 5 lineOpen(5)LineHandle=66271

Some additional information:

I am using a dialogic card alogn with win2000.

I tested the autodialer with the call transfer and having it call my cell phone for the transfer, my cell phone gave off about a half of of a ring before the hang up took place, so it sounds like a timing issue, but again i do not understand why calling the system directly and using the auto dialer would have an affect, but it does - Any help would be great - Thanks

Most PBX's will not allow you to transfer an outgoing call to another extension - please check whether your PBX supports this or not with your PBX supplier (looks like it does not support it...)

Looks like what is happening on your system currently is that when VoiceGuide issues the hookflash for the transfer the PBX hangs up the outgoing call, and then interprets VoiceGuide dialing the digits of the transfer destination number as an outgoing call...

After VoiceGuide finished dialing the digits it hangs up soon afterwards - that's why you only hear the transfer destination phone ring very briefly...

Very soon (couple of weeks?) VoiceGuide will be able to bridge calls internally when using a Dialogic card - so it will be able to dial out to your destination number on another line, and then conference the two lines together - so you will not need the PBX to perform the transfer.

I believe i understand what you are saying, but i do not think that is an issue as mentioned when i do not use the Autodialer for an outbound call, i instead just call directly into the system hense the system runs the script and then i choose to be transfered to an outside number it works perfectly. It is only when i am using tthe AUtodialer and have it call me then i choose the option to be transfered to and outside number i run into the stated problems. Please advice what coudl be causing this very strange problem - Thanks

From your last post:

when i am using tthe AUtodialer and have it call me then i choose the option to be transfered to and outside number i run into the stated problems.

As per our previous answer: Most PBX's will not allow you to transfer an outgoing call to another extension.

On most PBXs when you make an outgoing call (eg: with an auto dialer) then you will not be able to then transfer this call. On most PBXs only incoming calls can be transferred to another extension.

I see that transferring incoming calls works for you:

just call directly into the system hense the system runs the script and then i choose to be transfered to an outside number it works perfectly.

I am trying to understand what the problem is and why the AUtodialer as any effect on this process. Wether i call in to the system or the system calls me, once i am connected i am connected to VG. So common sense dictates that the Autodialer should be Irrelevant but the fact of the matter when i connect to VG via the Autodialer i can not be transfered to an outside number, but if i manualy call into the system again everything works fine? Why is this what is the varable that cause this issue. BTW - I forgot to tell you i am not using a PBX, i am using POTS but with Centrex type features. Please explain - thanks

The Phone System to which VoiceGuide is connected knows whether a call arrives into VG, or was made by VG.

If call arrives into VG then Phone System will accept transfer requests from VG.

If call is made by VG then Phone System will not accept call transfer requests from VG.

This is how just about all switches/PBXs work.

If you want to have the called party speak to somebody else thern VG needs to make another call on a separate line and conference the two lines together. This feature is being worked on.