VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Hangs Randomly

i have way2call. & voice guide enterprise.

Every other day I will get to the computer and i see that voice guide says "hanging up call (2)"

but it has been stuck on that for hours because no other calls have come in.

please help.

Looks like an issue that plagues many voice modems...

If you can post traces then we can see exactly what the problem is but this error is usually caused when the TAPI layer does not re-initialize itself correctly at end of every call - VoiceGuide just never sees the TAPI indicate to VG that it is ready to await another call...

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then restart VG and let it run until the problem occurs.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

hello, thanks. Its been happenning every day now. here are the attached files. (zipped)

Voiceguide hangs and says "hanging up call (2)" forever until I exit and reopen.

dsb777_Hangs.zip

Trace shows the device is not sending an "IDLE" TAPI message after the line is hung up. There is nothing that can be done from the applications point of view - the application issued a lineDrop command to the device, the device responded that it has received and processed the command OK, but looks like the line was not hung up and the device did not send an "IDLE" message to confirm line is available to receive new calls.

You could try contacting supplier/manufacturer of device but really the easiest option is to get a Dialogic card.

You could try changing the SilenceDetectDialogic setting in VG.INI file (see the vgm trace).

: ( aw man. it worked great for weeks, then it started. I cant get a diolgic card because i have one of those retarded slim PCs... i was trying to save space but their slots are alot smaller than regular slots so the dialogic cards wont fit in them. : (

what is a good setting to set the silenceDetectDiologic setting to? just give me any number recommendation to play around with.

so this setting would make VG hang up when it hears silence? and then it would reset?

vgm trace showed that although the Way2Call did not hangup it kept on sending 'silence' events. These were however ignored as SilenceDetectDialogic setting was set to 'off'. You could try changing this setting to see if anything is done by this event's handler when the system is in this state (but most likely it will not resolve the core issue...)

their slots are alot smaller than regular slots so the dialogic cards wont fit in them. :

Not even a D/4PCIU card? D/4PCIU is a 'half length' card.