VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voicemail

I just downloaded trial version. this program seems really incredible. im having a problem setting it up to record a callers message.

I set up the voicemail boxes... and i set up the script.

the main welcome message has a path set to something like "if 2 then goto voicemailbox 2"

HOWEVER, if you call up and press 2, instead of going straight to voicemail box 2, it then has a message that says " please enter the voicemail box you want to leave a message for"... But that is obviously redundant. (because i already pressed 2).

anyone know how i am suppossed to do this correctly?

-----------------------

more details....

I want a caller to call, and hear a welcome message... then the message asks them to press 1 for sales, 2 for support, etc

if they press 2, i want another message to play and letting them know to leave a message....

but like i said, i cant do it.. i been messing around with the script for about 3 hours.

Did you setup voicemail box "2" or are you trying to have caller go to voicemail box "0002" ?

Please post the script (.vgs file) which you are using and the file VmBoxList.xml from VG's \data\ subdirectory.

Thanks for speedy reply. : )

(1) OK this is weird now. I went home and brought my way2call modem with me and installed the voiceguide on my computer at home (just now) - I set everything up from scratch again. Now it does do what I wanted except now it doesnt record the full message. I left a few messages and all i did was just count to a specified number... If I count to 50, it only recorded up to 38 (and i did not go over the 1 minute record time).. If I counted to 19, it only recorded up to 14. Is there a setting that im missing?

* i counted without pausing and continuous - no breaks.

(2) Also, if i leave a 1 second space between words it seems to hang up. is there a way to extend the pause before it thinks the caller hung up?

here is the script file:

Version=5.0

DefaultModuleDisplayHeight=

StartModule=Welcome

RunAtHangup=

StartWithoutAnswer=0

CtmAsiName=

[Welcome]

Type=Play

DispSize=69

Txt=Thanks for calling C21 Clickit New York...

PlayFile1=C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\z_C21Clickit\wavs\m_mainWelcome.wav

Replay=2,5

strTtsText=

on {1} goto [1_realtor]

on {2} goto [2_Info On Listing]

on {3} goto [Voicemail Box 0003]

on {4} goto [4_Existing Customer]

on {5} goto [Voicemail Box 0005]

on {6} goto [Welcome]

Position=41,36

[1_realtor]

Type=Play

DispSize=69

Txt=Play a sound file, then await a response...

PlayFile1=C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\z_C21Clickit\wavs\m_option1_realtor.wav

Replay=2,5

strTtsText=

Position=308,43

[2_Info On Listing]

Type=Play

DispSize=69

PlayFile1=C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\z_C21Clickit\wavs\m_option2_InfoOnListing.wav

Replay=2,5

strTtsText=

Position=303,132

[4_Existing Customer]

Type=Play

DispSize=69

PlayFile1=C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\z_C21Clickit\wavs\m_option4_existiingCustomers.wav

Replay=2,5

strTtsText=

Position=200,225

--------------------

and below is the xml file:

-----------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<VmSystem>

<VoicemailBoxes>

<VoicemailBox Id="0003"><Pin>1010</Pin><Name>Info About Flat Fee</Name><Ext></Ext><Description>If You need more info about our flat fee mls listing service...</Description><PhoneForward></PhoneForward><PagerNumber></PagerNumber><PagerMessage></PagerMessage><EmailForward></EmailForward><OnReceive></OnReceive><Groups></Groups><CopyTo></CopyTo><FtpUpload>0</FtpUpload><DeleteAfterForward>0</DeleteAfterForward><MsgLenMin>1</MsgLenMin><MsgLenMax>60</MsgLenMax><VmbMaxSize>60</VmbMaxSize></VoicemailBox>

<VoicemailBox Id="0005"><Pin>1010</Pin><Name>None Of Above</Name><Ext></Ext><Description>if none of the above options apply to you, then press 5</Description><PhoneForward></PhoneForward><PagerNumber></PagerNumber><PagerMessage></PagerMessage><EmailForward></EmailForward><OnReceive></OnReceive><Groups></Groups><CopyTo></CopyTo><FtpUpload>0</FtpUpload><DeleteAfterForward>0</DeleteAfterForward><MsgLenMin>1</MsgLenMin><MsgLenMax>60</MsgLenMax><VmbMaxSize>60</VmbMaxSize></VoicemailBox>

</VoicemailBoxes>

<DistributionLists>

</DistributionLists>

</VmSystem>

(1) OK this is weird now. I went home and brought my way2call modem with me and installed the voiceguide on my computer at home (just now) - I set everything up from scratch again. Now it does do what I wanted except now it doesnt record the full message.

Tracing the call will tell us what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

(2) Also, if i leave a 1 second space between words it seems to hang up. is there a way to extend the pause before it thinks the caller hung up?
VoiceGuide default silence detection settings are set to more then 1 second. They can also be changed. See the online copy of the Help file here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modRecord.htm

thanks again. : )

I activated the log like you said and then i left another message (I counting to 40. (slowly... ) but when i play back the actual message file, it only goes up to 35...

attached are the log files and scripts that were used.

dsb777.zip

Looks like the Way2Call is itself sending an unexpected signal that is coincidently triggering VoiceGuide to act as if a silence has been detected on the line (which VG did not detect).

To stop this Way2Call event from triggering this in VG add this entry to VG.INI file, in section [PlayRecordConfig] :

SilenceDetectDialogic=off

Then restart VG.

We will add a fix to future releases of VG to make sure that this Way2Call event no longer triggers the "silence detected" response.

We don't know what this event from Way2Call is meant to indicate. It is not a standard TAPI event.

wow! - Your vg.ini solution fixed my problem just as you said! Thank you so much!

I just have to say thank you very much for super fast support (especially on the weekend late hours)! I just bought this way2call device for $369 USD and was kind of nervous if i wasted my money, but your program works incredible with it!

Sincerely

extremely satisfied customer.