VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Server Crashing After Upgrade

After installing VG for Dialogic, my system has blue-screened and become unresponsive twice today. I am getting the following error in my event log:

NCMAPI...UNCM_GetValueEx() failed. Family - TDM Bus, Device - Bus-0, Variable - PciBusNumber, Requested data not found in NCM data storage

Running System Release 5.1.1 and DCOM is showing all green lights in the three boards (D4PCI & (2) J120LS boards). Is am missing a component somewhere that is causing this?

I notice that your instructions say to make sure Dialogic Global Call is installed. How do I see if that component is there?

Any other ideas?

Blue Screen type crashes are caused by device drivers. Applications just do not run at a privilege level which can cause Blue Screen crashes. You should concentrate on making sure the drivers are installed properly and are certified for use on your version of Windows.

Have you installed the Service Pack 1 for the SR5.1.1?

Which version of Windows are you running?

Global Call is a separate download and install in v5.1.1 - see the SR5.1.1 download page.

Can you see on the Blue screen which driver caused the problem?

Are the D/120JCT cards linked together by the CT-Bus cable? (they should be).

We also just got a comment that including a non CT-Bus card (D/4PCI) with CT-Bus cards (D/120JCTs) can be a problem - Try removing the D/4PCI from the system and see if this makes any difference.

It is a Windows 2000 server.

Installed Service Pack for 5.1.1 and the Global Call protocols.

It was okay for 12 hours and then blue screened again. I was not in house and so they rebooted it and I don't know what device is causing the error.

I will disable the D/4PCI card and at the next opportunity remove it from the system.

The blue screen error was "Multiple_IRP_complete_requests"

Regretfully, I don't have more of the error than that.

I'm also fairly certain that the 120 cards are not linked together.

First thing to try would be to get a CT-Bus cable and link the two D/120JCT card together and remove the D/4PCI.

What was changed as part of the upgrade? Did you add/remove other software/hardware?

Searching for "Multiple_IRP_complete_requests" shows that it seems to be caused by an IRP processing conflict on hardware driver layer, so information on the blue screen should indicate what driver was at fault(?).

No, the blue screen only displays the stop code and the above error message. There is no other information on the page.

The system is also set to the record the dump information to file and automatically reboot on a stop error and those are not happening.

Has the blue screen happened since you placed the CT-Bus cable linking the two D/120JCT cards together and removed the D/4PCI?

What was changed as part of the upgrade? Did you add/remove other software/hardware?

Did you change the RAM at all? Blue Screen type problems are often traced to bad RAM...

Also, have you tried running the UDD on the Dialogic cards?

reboot on a stop error
Where is this set up?

An update on this.

We're still getting the blue screen errors. About twice a day.

Has the blue screen happened since you placed the CT-Bus cable linking the two D/120JCT cards together and removed the D/4PCI?

The CT-Bus cable is on back order. Apparently there is some issue with the Eicon purchase of Dialogic and they are temporarily not available at some distributors. Or so I am told.

On a related note, as we were reseating one of the 120JCT cards, it apparently went bad and the system no longer detected it. The replacement was ordered and installed and now works fine. The card that went bad still will not work in this system, but does work in another system, so that is somewhat strange. I wonder if it is a bad PCI port. The new card is not in that port (the card was an older style and there were no other ports available in that system to test it is).

As part of the upgrade, we also installed the August Microsoft patches. Alliance Systems (the system manufacturer) has recommended we remove those patches. Half of them were removed yesterday (with no difference-- same blue screen) and the remainder were removed this morning. I'll let you know if that works, but it's really a long shot.

Did you change the RAM at all? Blue Screen type problems are often traced to bad RAM...

No.

Also, have you tried running the UDD on the Dialogic cards?

Strange thing is that the UDD is showing the D4PCI card as good and both the old and new 120JCT cards as bad. The system is able to start the cards and they appear to be working properly, but UDD is marking them as dead. I read a previous post that UDD can't always be trusted.

If there is anything else to try, please let me know.

If you cannot get the CT-Cable then take two cards out of the system and just leave one D/120JCT in there.

Bad card reporting can be caused by lack of CT-Cable.

Alliance Systems (the system manufacturer)

You should probably be speaking with them regarding this. I imagine they supplied the Dialogic cards as well and it is a System/Dialogic problem (not application) that is causing blue screen...

as we were reseating one of the 120JCT cards, it apparently went bad and the system no longer detected it.

If there are questions as to whether the card itself is OK then you should be speaking about this with the Dialogic card supplier (Alliance?) as well and if needed get the card replaced under warranty.

Even with the CTI Bus Cable, we're experiencing the same issues. We have tried all new Dialogic hardware with the same symptoms. Rebooting about once per day.

We reverted back to the previous version of VoiceGuide (not for Dialogic) and the system has not rebooted in several days. We re-installed the wave drivers (the original problem you said we were having) and we are still having callers hung up on.

082721.85 11 [Play Greeting] Playing (d:\sounds\apl\Greeting.wav)

082721.85 11 File not found [d:\sounds\apl\Greeting.wav]

082721.87 11 play set playid=696093

082721.90 11 PlaySoundStart err=[0 play PlaySoundStart ResetWavOutAndContinuePlay=>4,play pss EnsureWaveOutIsOpenAndReady=>tr 5 waveOutOpen(id=6) MMSYSERR_ALLOCATED but hWaveOut = NULL] [c:\program files\voiceguide\system\voice\SoundFileNotFound.wav]

082721.90 11 play set playid=696093

082721.93 11 PlaySoundStart err=[0 play PlaySoundStart ResetWavOutAndContinuePlay=>4,play pss EnsureWaveOutIsOpenAndReady=>tr 5 waveOutOpen(id=6) MMSYSERR_ALLOCATED but hWaveOut = NULL] [c:\program files\voiceguide\system\voice\ErrorPlayingFile.wav]

082721.93 11 For Dialogic use: PCM 11Khz 8bit Mono

082721.93 11 rv add [Hangup Time]{9/4/2006 8:27:21 AM}

082721.93 11 Hanging up call... [srlib PlaySoundStart]

082721.95 11 RecSoundStop ok

082721.96 11 PlaySoundStop err=0

082721.96 11 timer set 2 EV_TIMEOUT_WAITFORIDLEAFTERLINEDROP

082721.98 11 fnHangupCall end

082721.98 11 RunModule PLAY end

082721.98 11 play end current play (playid=0)

082721.99 11 ScriptEventCode 8001 iLineState=900

I don't mind staying on this version of VG for a bit, but I have to figure out why this is still happening even after the wave drivers were uninstalled and reinstalled.

Also, the VG application is crashing occassionally but I haven't yet caught the error on a log yet. I have logging turned on today and hope to catch it again.

I have to figure out why this is still happening even after the wave drivers were uninstalled and reinstalled.

The Wave driver problem you are showing in trace is a known issue with Dialogic Wave drivers. Dialogic do not have a fix for this and they have discontinued the support for TAPI/Wave drivers altogether. Dialogic TAPI/Wave drivers are just not stable.

Which version of VoiceGuide for Dialogic were you using?

Can we have a look at this system using PCAnywhere? (If that's possible please email PCAnywhere login details to support@voiceguide.com)

The version on the vgmulti.exe I was using was 6.0.0.3107.

I'll have to work on the PCAnywhere details; my firewall person is out of the office for a few days and this machine normally isn't directly accessibly. I'll send it when I get it. Would a VPN/VNC connection be acceptable?

Thanks

Please update to latest version - v6.0.3140, and ensure that the ktTelControl is updated as well.

VNC would be fine (see www.realvnc.com)

I emailed your PC Anywhere information earlier.

I can update to the latest version of VGD tomorrow morning at the earliest. Are there updates that you think will make a difference?

Just an update on this issue.

After applying Dialogic SR6.0 to the system, we've had an entire week of no crashing and I believe everything to be running normally again.

We also did remove the D4/PCI card at the time of installation due to the above recommendations.