VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg For Dialogic - Differences In Call Routing

I have a script that requests in input from the caller.

It's basically telling the caller that if they know their party's extension, they should dial it now (really these are not extensions, but advertising codes). Or press 1, 2, or 3 for other operations.

In this Get Number box, I have a minimum length of 1 and a maximum of 3.

Here are the paths:

on {1} goto [Call Router]

on {2} goto [Call Router]

on {success} goto [Call Router]

In the "call router" eval module, it is evaluating the input of the previous section; here are the paths:

on {300} goto [set Menu ID_300]

on {500} goto [set Menu ID_500]

on {600} goto [set Menu ID_600]

on {700} goto [set Menu ID_700]

on {800} goto [set Menu ID_800]

on {900} goto [set Menu ID_900]

on {1} goto [set Menu ID_955]

on {2} goto [set Menu ID_954]

on {3} goto [set Menu ID_953]

I had to previously set it up this way because if someone dialed 3 at the first module, they would immediately take the 3 route instead of waiting to see if the caller entered 300 (an extension).

But now, on the Dialogic version, it will not allow you to enter '3' at the first menu. It repeats the prompt. Almost as if the 'success' path is not working like it used to.

0817vgm.txt

Right now you will need to add this path to the Get Number module to have that module react to the "3" being pressed:

on {3} goto [Call Router]

the advantage of this approach is that the system will react immediately after "3" is pressed and will go down the defined path, rather then waiting for the module to timeout while awaiting further DTMF input.

Another approach would to press "#" after pressing "3" - then the Success path will be taken.

Looks like in the version you are using that module will not correctly timeout when only one digit is entered and "#" is not pressed. The timout issue does not happen if more then one digit has been pressed.

We'll get this fixed and you should see it working as expected in the next release of VGD.

Thank you!

I found that pressing # works, but it's not feasible for me to revise the sound file at this time. I implemented your workaround and will wait for the bug fix to solve the underlying problem. Thanks again for looking at this.