VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

How Can I Load Script Immediatly After Dialing Out ?

I am testing VoiceGuide with a Dialogic D/4PCIU. I wish to get the callerID of the caller without answering and call him back right away and run a script immediatly. So I start a script before answering and I use the "Run VB Script" module to create a dialout XML file. It works fine, but when I answer to this dialed out call, It looks like if VoiceGuide waits to hear my voice before loading the script specified in the XML file. It always take at least a few seconds.

Can I have VoiceGuide loading the script immediatly after the dial out ?

Thank you.

Normand

Specify DISABLE for the "Script for Answering Machine" option.

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm :

If an answering machine is detected VoiceGuide will wait until the answering machine's welcome message finishes before starting the script/sound file specified here.

If RETRY is specified in this field then VoiceGuide will attempt dialing again if an answering machine is encountered (up to the maximum number of redials allowed).

If IGNORE is specified in this field then VoiceGuide will ignore Dialogic's advice that an answering machine was detected and will just start the script/file specified in the "when a real person answers" text box.

If DISABLE is specified in this field then VoiceGuide will disable Dialogic's detection of when the call has been answered.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. But your advices didn't solve my problem. Like I said. In the dialout XML file, I have among others, the 3 following lines :

<OnAnswer>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\tel2.vgs</OnAnswer>

<OnAnswerMachine>DISABLE</OnAnswerMachine>

<CallRetries>2</CallRetries>

When I receive the call, if I say "Hello" the script starts immediatly. If I don't speak, the script will Wait 7 seconds before starting to run.

Can I have the script to start immediatly after the dialing out? I don't need to wait to detect if the call is answered and if there is an answering machine.

Thank you,

Normand

If DISABLE is specified as the Answer Machine message then the script should start pretty mcuh as soon as the dialing is finished...

Please enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

Then restart VG and make an outgoing call which demonstrates the problem.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Hello,

Here are my scripts and my logs. My first script is not included, this script starts before answering and it uses a VB module to create the OutDial_New.xml file. The Outgoing call starts immediately but once I answer this call, the script loads after 7 seconds if I do not talk but it starts immediately if I talk in my phone.

How can I make the script always start immediately?

Thank you,

Normand

ScriptAndLog.zip

I see that you are using v5.2.3053 of VG and a Dialogic card.

To begin with, you should be using "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" when using a Dialogic card based system. Please update to that version first.

the script loads after 7 seconds if I do not talk but it starts immediately if I talk in my phone.
On analog lines the Dialogic card listens for speech to determine when a call is answered. When a call is answered most people say "Hello" and the system is then able to determine that call is answered. If you pickup the phone and say nothing there is nothing that indicates to the system that call has been answered. Then the system deduces that call must have been answered as the ringing has stopped...

Only digital ISDN systems will send a "this call has just been answered" signal back to the equipment making the call. If precise detection of call answer is important to you then you should be using a T1 or E1 ISDN line.

Hello,

Well, I do not need "precise detection of call answer ", I would prefer no detection at all !!! I want the script to load and start immediately after the dialing out. Is it possible ?

Thanks,

Normand

Hello,

I prefer not to use a T1 because I would have to install a minimum of 23 digital lines, and I don’t need that much.

If I specify : “<sAnnounceMessage>none</sAnnounceMessage>” in my OutDial_New.xml file, could it help ? It is said in your help documentation that it would make the strOnAnswer setting will be started immediately.

If I use a fax/modem instead of a Dialogic card, would it help ?

Thanks,

Normand

I want the script to load and start immediately after the dialing out. Is it possible ?
Yes, if you use VoiceGuide for Dialogic and you specify DISABLE for the "Script for Answering Machine" option.

Download VoiceGuide for Dialogic from our WWW.

If you look in the log files I sent to you, you will see that I already put "<OnAnswerMachine>DISABLE</OnAnswerMachine>" into my OutDial_New.xml file.

I want no detection at all.

If I specify : “<sAnnounceMessage>none</sAnnounceMessage>” in my OutDial_New.xml file, could it help ? It is said in your help documentation that it would make the strOnAnswer setting will be started immediately.

If I use a fax/modem instead of a Dialogic card, would it help ?

The log files show that you were using v5.2.3053 of VoiceGuide at the time.

As mentioned previously you need to use the "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" version of the software.

The "DISABLE" option will not work with v5.x of VG.

Hi,

Thank you, I will change it. Here are 2 other questions for you. If I use BRI ISDN lines (2 or 8 channels) with a CAPI Card, could VoiceGuide :

1. get the callerID immediatly when a call is received ? (not after 2 rings)

2. load and start the script immediatly when an outgoing call (initiated with a OutDial_New.xml file) is answered ?

Thank you,

Normand

1. get the callerID immediatly when a call is received ? (not after 2 rings)
Yes.

2. load and start the script immediatly when an outgoing call (initiated with a OutDial_New.xml file) is answered ?
This is not guaranteed - depends on card. Only way is to try it and see...

If you are using 8 channel BRI then you're better off getting a fractional T1/E1 ISDN line (T1/E1 with only 8/10 channels enabled) and using a Dialogic T1/E1 card.

With a 2 chanel BRI, could I then just make the script start immediatly by DISABLING the "OnAnswerMachine" ?

With a 2 chanel BRI, could I then just make the script start immediatly by DISABLING the "OnAnswerMachine" ?
This is not guaranteed - depends on card. Only way is to try it and see...