VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Announced Call Transfer In Tapi Mode (not Generate)

Hi. I have a ISDN/BRI system running on Eicon hardware with ComISDN TSP driver.

Some months back you did a mod to allow VG to do "TAPI" based call blind-transfers, rather than tone-based "generate" transfers for me. You also added some extra error-checking to handle unavailable lines. Both these mods work great.

I now wonder if it would be possible to extend the basic blind-transfer method to do announced transfers, so that some WAV can be played before the 2 lines are connected together? Ideally, one wav to caller-on hold, while second line gets announcement and then accepts call and connection takes place. This needs to be done at the TAPI level.

If this can't be (easily) done in a Call-Transfer module, could something similar be 'simulated' in COM/vg.object calls in VBS module? If so, could you outline the code? Would it be something like:

1. Play repetitive wav to line 1 (repeats until timeout, eg: MOH)

2. Establish 2nd call (Dialler_MakeCall)

3. Play new wav to 2nd line (Play_Start)

4. Get response digit (? no function for this in vg.com?)

5. If accept: a) stop wav on line a. (play_stop), b. connect lines (Bridge_Connect)

6. If decline: a) play new wav to and/or exit line1, B) hangup 2nd line (Line_Hangup)

Can some enhancements be done:

1. to add some form of get-digit on line X type function, either as return value from Play_Start or a separate "Get_Digit" function/method?

2. Some function to put a line on hold, eg: "Line_Hold" which issues either a TAPI line-hold command (or a generated digit "!") (Obviously, I want the TAPI method call ideally).

Please let me know your thoughts on the above - many thanks - Tim.

In theory this could be done using TAPI calls if the TAPI drivers supports LineSetupTransfer, allows play in between and then allows transfer to complete by using LineCompleteTransfer.

Would need to first check if ComISDN supports this functionality, and if it does then it my be possible.

You would need to contact sales@voiceguide.com to get a quote on the cost of doing these modifications.

(send the link to this thread in the email)

Bridge_Connect type functions only work on Dialogic cards.