VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

3 Way Announced Conference Call Problem

I understand that the "3 Way Announced Conference Call" option in the Transfer Module will enable the recipient to first know the caller id of the caller and thus will be able to either accept the call by pressing "1" or reject call by pressing any other number.

Is the caller id announcement in the form the number showing up on the screen of the recipient's phone, or is it actually verbally announced by the Voiceguide system for the recipient to hear over his/her phone?

In testing, I the intended recipient am getting any type of announcement of who's calling. I'm only hearing just the specified wav file that I found and designated: \VoiceGuide\system\voice\TsfrCallFrom.wav . It repeats and repeats...I'm using Proline/2V under Windows 98.

Thanks.

Yes, about my last post, of course I meant to write that I am NOT getting any caller ID information announced to me as the testing recipient. I'm only hearing the sound file I designated after the three-way line connection is successfuly engaged.

Thanks

Is the caller id announcement in the form the number showing up on the screen of the recipient's phone, or is it actually verbally announced by the Voiceguide system for the recipient to hear over his/her phone?

verbally announced.

I am NOT getting any caller ID information announced to me

Was the CallerID supplied on the original incoming call?

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please make a test call and then post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

I've attached the logs below.

Meanwhile, I've just tested another situation whereby I've left blank the "Announced Messages" tab area of the Transfer Module blank, ie. with no designated sound file to play. And this time, the caller id is announced to the intended recipient. So yes, the "3 Way Announced Conference Call" option works as it should this way. Before, I had designated a sound file to play in the "Announced Messages" tab, but this was all that was played, with no system generated audio announcement of the caller id. This info might be beneficial for other users and perhaps also for your guide documentation.

EricGuest_3WayAnnounced_log.zip