VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problem Retrieving Voicemails

I am running 4 line enterprise edition with dialer Voiceguide Verion 6.0.3081.

The problem I am having is that when I go to retrieve voicemails for a box that I know has them, I get the prompt to enter the voicemail box and the pin, which it accepts, and then the system does nothing. None of the voicemail scripts have been modified. I can access the saved voicemails on the computer through the Windows interface Voicemail Manager v5.2.1005.

The system hangs at the state: [VmMmMsgCountsCalc] Running VB Script.

vg.ini and a log trace are attached. Please help!

vm_retrieve_problem_log.txt

vg.ini.txt

This is a follow-on to an earlier post entitled Problem Retrieving Voicemail, Voicemail Hanging. I thought that I had the problem fixed and it keeps coming back. I am running 4 line enterprise edition with dialer Voiceguide 5.2.5049 with VG for Dialogic Patch 6.0.3107. I installed the Dialogic 5.1 drivers, the 5.1.1 SP1, and the Global Call 4.2 files. In addition, I was careful to install VG using the TAPI choice and then applied the VG for Dialogic Patch including the ocx files.

The problem seems to be that Voicemail will only work until the system is rebooted. After that it will only play the first two files where it asks for the mailbox number and the pin number.

The system hangs then at the state: [VmMmMsgCountsCalc] Running VB Script. A log trace is attached.

According to the log trace (attached) it seems to be hanging at "C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\vbs_1_3.vbs". I have been able to get it to work (temporarily) by resaving the system voice files as PCM 8,8 files. However, it develops the same problem after the the next reboot:

mail box, pin, and hang.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BillR

logtrace060605.zip

For follow-on information--It appears to be like previous problems listed in which wav files are not being converted to vox format. After the hang, the only vox files that were created were VmbAccessGetVmbPin.vox and VmbAccessGetVmbIdRetrieve.vox. In C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data the only VBScript Script Files created on the fly are vbs_1_1.vbs, vbs_1_2.vbs, and vbs_1_3.vbs. Which supports my earlier post in which Log Trace shows the system hanging at vbs_1_3.vbs.

Any help out there?

BillR

Actually, the problem seems to be in the script itself. I converted all of the Wav files to Vox and the script still hung at that same point. It has be something actually in the script.

Any ideas?

BillR

It is definitely a Wav to Vox problem causing it to hang. On one voicemail box I was able to get it to play the number of messages, but it would not play the message. On another voice mail box it hung again after asking for mailbox number and pin. The Dialogic card is a D/41JCT-LS. It there some configuration thing for the board I should modify?

Help!

0605tw.txt file is attached.

0605tw.txt

Hi Bill,

I'm having a very similar problem myself actually. My system doesent hang, but I definitely am experiencing problems with WAV to VOX conversion. All my system voice files were recorded as WAV's and quite often the VOX file that VG creates on the fly are 0kb in size. I suspected I had a problem with the Dialogic, but now you have posted your message I feel it is more likely a bug in VG. I am using a D4/PCI-Euro.

What I plan to do now is to convert all the WAV files to VOX, and when callers record voicemail messages (I'm not using the VG voicemail system, I have created my own basic VM system using Access), I shall record a VOX file rather than a WAV.

I'll let you know how I get on, if it helps. Support Team must be on holiday or something as I cant seem to get anything out of them either.

All the best

Simon

No. The problem is not resolved. There is definitely a problem with Wav to Vox conversion in the voicemail system.

The problem is definitely not resolved. I need both Vox and Wav files because I need voicemail to email the wav files. Voicemail only worked until the next reboot and then started crashing again. I think what is happening is that the installation of Voiceguide is changing the Dialogic board's state temporarily. When the system is rebooted the board goes back to its default state and the vox to wav and wav to vox system breaks down. This is a serious error in the software, and almost makes it unusable.

After rebooting the voicemail system now hangs at playing the first message. Which is vbs_1_4.vbs. It still looks like a wav to vox conversion issue. Most recent log trace is attached. Is anyone in Support looking at this issue?

BillR

logtrace060606.zip

There is definitely a problem in the Voicemail system that is supplied with VG for Dialogic. No matter which mailbox is created, there is a problem with retrieving messages. The boxes either hang after the get mailbox and enter pin, or they hang when retrieving the first saved message. It definitely looks like the wave to vox problem, and they hang with both 8 and 16 bit PCM waves or 4-bit vox.

Problem fixed. Antivirus or antispyware software was preventing the scripts from running. Make sure script blocking is turned off.

Reference an earlier post: A possible cause of this is that some anti-virus software tries to block VBScripting commands. Here is info on how to turn off that feature in Norton AntiVirus:

Turning off script blocking in Norton AntiVirus

If you are using any Anti-virus software I'd recommend uninstalling it and trying running your voicemail delivery scripts again.

If that does not help then there is something else on your system which is blocking the execution of the DeleteFile command - you will need to find what is causing this and removing this application...