VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Fritz!card Pci 2.0 Isdn-controller

We are trying to launch VoiceGuide with Fritz! ISDN card from AVM. From your forum archives we found that your customers used this card successfully. But when we install this terminal in VoiceGuide as "Analog modem V.32bis" we get a message "Line_error Invalid media Mode". If we install VoiceGuide with "ISDN TAPI services for CAPI" we get a message "Wave driver not installed". We tried REALTEK chipset with MS virtual wave driver as well as Soundcard C-media. Please kindly advise how to solve our problem.

We tried on PC with this configaration: P4 2.66/1024DDR/200SATA/audio Realtek HD on-board/and Fritz! card/Win XP Pro SP2.

Maybe need install some specific drivers or codecs.

I don't understand, how I can use ComISDN software. Tell me please, how I need configure ComISDN or say me where I can find how-to-install/how-to-configure manuals. Maybe you can give me some recomendations? Thank you.

I installed my ISDN with correct drivers, installed ComISDN and configured it. After I installed your software VoiceGuide and try start it, but show this message every time: Wave Driver not installed. You said me to configure ComISDN - I done it, but see error again. Please, give me you recomendation on this situation.

ComISDN should install the Wave driver as well. If you cannot install it's Wave driver component then you should contact ComISDN to resolve this issue.

I think, that Wave drivers were installed, but when I try to start VoiceGuide I every time see only one message: wave driver not installed. I few times re-installed all components and re-configured it. I use ComISDN with wave driver and try without ComISDN. As result, I saw only one error message all time, that no wave driver.

ComISDN definately DOES work with Frtiz card, with ComISDN. SupportTeams advice is good: you must install the ComISDN software TSP driver so 1) it shoes up as a driver under the phone & modem/advanced properties accessible via control panel, and 2) it shows up as a wave-driver, accessible under 'sound/video & game controllers' in system\hardware\device manager again from control panel. If you have any other telephony drivers here, remove them, so only one telephony wave-driver. When this is done, you should have ComISDN working as a tapi "TSP" driver and therefore VG will work with it. Otherwise, you get the symptoms you describe. Also, always run the VG system configurator when restarting VG si that the correct TAPI lines are always connected to VG. When all is working, you can start running VG without running config first.

Thank you for your answer. I followed your recomendations - removed all other telephone and modem drivers and restarted my PC. We got & installed the latest ComISDN drivers - CAPI_20060522_FV_SIP_CDS_3.1.48.

I see ComISDN wave driver enabled in the sound devices and two extra devices in VG configuration Wizard - IP Line2 & ISDN Line1 but same error message - wave driver not installed.

In the advanced "phones and modems" I can see the following list: ComISDN Service Provider, NDIS Proxy TAPI Service Provider, TAPI Kernel-Mode Service Provider, Uni Modem 5 Service provider. No modems installed in "phones and modems".

In the configurator list we can see ISDN Lines 1 and IP Line 2, that appeared after we installed ComISDN. Also there are AVM NDIS WAN Lines 1,2 (from AVM), RAS VPN Line 0, RAS PPP0E Line 0000, LPT1T.

Where should we see the tapi "TSP" driver you mentioned about? What is the correct TAPI line? Thanks in advance.

Support for ComISDN should be taken up with them directly at www.ComISDN.com. They are very good and helpful.

NOTE: You indicated you have installed the SIP product. Shouldn't be installing the CAPI/TAPI TSP product? You will need to check that you are installing the right driver. You also need to install the CAPI drivers on the fritz card. (Check the Fritz doc). As you are installing a BRI card, I would think you need the CAPI/TAPI TSP ComISDN product.

"ComISDN TAPI Service Provider - Version 3.1.48 (CAPI)"

And have this hooked up to an ISDN BRI line or an S0 (S/T) connection off your PBX (if you have one). If you are using SIP - I don't think you need a Fritz card at all as calls will come over your network connector.

According to your notes, the wave-driver IS installed in device manager. VG will use ISDN line 1 and ISDN line 2 - your should have two "lines" (actually they are 2 channels on one BRI line) which should be visible as lines in the VG config program. You need to 'connect' these two lines to VG by attaching a script to each one. I think you can only run one channel if you want, but 2 should be visible if you use them or not. If you don't 'connect' to the right lines, VG will not see the wave-driver and report an error!

There are some settings in ComiSDN which control the way the lines are made available - the default settings should work (sorry, I can't remember what they are!).

The "TAPI/TSP" driver is the listing you get under Modems/Advanced as "ComISDN Service Provider" - again you indicate that it is installed okay. The other drivers you list are quite normal. I don't know if the AVM Fritz card would appear under modems or not, but I did have this working with a Fritz card several months ago without a problem, so I know it can be done.

Assuming you have used the defaults, rebooted a couple of times and setup the lines properley you should be able to get this working. If inot, you need to contact ComISDN.

Godd luck.

Thank you for answer.

I found that I downloaded incorrect ComISDN version. I downloaded new correct. Uninstalled old version and installed new correct version. After I configured ComISDN as written in manual. Checked two lines in the VG configurator and checked scripts. But I have the same problem again. Wave driver not installed. Maybe I have bad sound card? I have onboard sound card (Realtek HD Audio) on Intel 915 chipset. I found in the documentation, that HD Audio is a full duplex audio.

Maybe I need install some specific codec for audio?

Tell me please what sound card and OS you use with VG and Fritz card?

Maybe Windows crushed after many times install/uninstall drivers and software?

Thank you for advice.

Bye.