VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Automated Updating Using Vbs

I noticed you all have a VBS module. The data collected in Voiceguide for our script is currently loaded into a Microsoft Access database. I have created a macro in Access that uploads data from two Access tables into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. But I have also created a module that has Visual Basic script that within Access will do the same thing (it simply a conversion of my export macro). Is it possible to then have Voiceguide just run this VBS script? Does the .vgs file have to be in the same directory as the Access and Excel file for that to work? Do I need additional coding? I have very limited knowledge of the VB language or how it is compiled and run, and even less of how that works within the Voiceguide VBS module. Was unable to upload our Voiceguide script, received an error message on the file extension .vgs, but have copied and pasted the VBS I have already written for Access.

Option Compare Database

'------------------------------------------------------------

' Export

'

'------------------------------------------------------------

Function Export()

On Error GoTo Export_Err

' Transfer to Child Log

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "ProjectChatLogChild", "\\Psych-fs5\prinsteingroup\Voiceguide\ProjectChatLog.xls", True, ""

' Transfer to Parent Log

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "ProjectChatLogParent", "\\Psych-fs5\prinsteingroup\Voiceguide\ProjectChatLog.xls", True, ""

Export_Exit:

Exit Function

Export_Err:

MsgBox Error$

Resume Export_Exit

End Function

Is it possible to then have Voiceguide just run this VBS script?

MS Access and MS Excel run VBA (VB for Applicqtions) which has some commands/functions that VBScript does not have.

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet is not a VBScript function...