VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dnis Not Working On Second Call After Upgrade

I upgraded from an earlier version for Dialogic to the most recent posted for Dialogic. I am using ANI, DNIS inband. After starting VG the first call on a specific line goes through fine (DNIS and ANI is identified). Second call into the same line fails on the DNIS (my scripts sends it to an error playback). The aNI is OK. If I re-start VG the first calls is OK on the DNIS but again any subsequent calls fail to identify the DNIS. Attached is a zip of log files. The trace log does not start, I assume because the line status screen is also shut off since I have more than 8 lines.

Thanks

VG_052106.zip

Traces show that on all 7 calls the DNIS was 7089.

Maybe you should check the script?

Also you should delete the file OutDial.mdb in VG's /data/ subdirectory and let VG recreate it in the new fromat...

Thank you for your quick response. I created a simple script named Start.vgs. Announces the $RV[DNIS] and saves it into a variable named Store_DNIS and then hangs up.

Started VG

3:51 call successful

3:56 call failed

Stopped VG

Started VG

3:57 call successful

3:59 call failed

4:00 call failed

Stopped VG

Log files, Start.vgs, Start.csv-vgl-xml attached.

I noticed in the Start.csv that the saved variable Store_DNIS is not there on the failed calls. It does appear however at the end of the ANI string.

I also deleted the outdial db as suggested, thanks for pointing that out.

VG_052206.zip

The DNIS might be showing in the trace files but it is not showing properly within the VG variables.

I had created a very simple script replacing mine. It is still not working properly.

Any ideas?

I have attached a zip of the script change and results in my prior reply.

Please help.

Running either 3111 or 3113 does not solve the problem.

The script that I am running is a VERY simple script with no VB, etc... This sript was designed to narrow down and help resolve this specific issue. Call gets answered, DNIS gets read back, hang up.

Attached are all files including the vgs for both 3111 and 3113

Again, the first call in after a VG restart works OK but any subsequent calls on the same line fail. This is evident in the csv file where it appears that the variables are truncated together.

Thanks

VG_060406.zip

Looks like the inband signalling on this Robbed Bit / CAS system which delivers the CallerID and DNIS is not being correctly read by VoiceGuide at this stage. Trace shows that the CallerID and DNIS is being concatenated and stored in the $RV_CIDNUMBER, so the $RV_CIDNUMBER is holding: 48468024807089

Please try this as an interim workaround:

To extract the DNIS from this try using this expression in the Evaluate Expression module:

"Right($RV_CIDNUMBER,4)"

and store the output in your own RV, then use that new RV throughout the rest of the script.

We've passed this onto the programmers to determine why the Inband signalling CallerID/DNIS is not correctly separated into its componenets on this system.

The workaround will not work for me since my initial script goes into a VB rountine that determines which scripts get invoked - depending on the DNIS.

Also, the very first call into a specific line DOES process normally-- it is only subsequent calls on that particular line. If I did use the work around that you suggest - what that means is that after a VG re-set (which happens automatically at times) there would be a failure for the first calls into each line. A potential of 48 failures on a 48 line system after every re-start.

Thank you for your quick attention into this matter since this is a backup system for me which is currently out of commission.

With either 3111 or 3113 try using $RV_DNIS instead of $RV[DNIS]

If you still have problems try using $RV_DNIS with the attached .exe, (post trace from this new version if you still have problems).

VgMulti_6.0.3116.zip