VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Key Ahead

I have an app which asks for a password. It get 4 digits and then goes off to do a DB lookup and compares the DBlookup to the entered number (I know I could verify the number using VBScript and the Get Number module, but I wanted to do it lkike this)

Anyway, if it matches all is well, but if it doesent I send the caller to a Play module which says "invalid number please re-enter"

It then takes caller back to the original Get Number module.

My question is, can a caller start to re-enter the number during the prompt "invalid number - please re-enter" and when the caller starts to re-enter (during this prompt) it interrupts the prompt , buffers the tone and goes straight to the Get Number module.

At the moment my caller has to wait until the propmt has played before he can re-enter the number.

Yes, you can key ahead.

Note however that in your scenario the keys will be 'eaten up' by the Play module, as the Play module just ignores DTMFs unless a path matching them is specified.

You may want to look into changing what the Get Numbers module plays, instead of using a Play module...