VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Continue Script After Hang-up Detect

If the method of hang-up detect is set to DTMF tone "D" (or any other method come to think of it), and that tone is detected (i.e. the caller hangs up), can voiceguide continue to run the script rather than just hanging up?

My app records a message from the caller and the caller presses '#' to end recording. At that point the app creates a DB record and speaks a reference number back to the caller.

However if the caller forgets to press '#' to signify they have finished recording, and they just hang up instead, Voiceguide does not complete the script, it just hangs up the line, and therefore the DB record doesent get created.

How can I make the script continue to run after a hang up event?

Can we trap the DTMF tone D like any other tone?

i.e. in Paths can we do:

on {D} goto {Create_DB_Record} ?

thus trapping the hang up at this point?

Cheers

Simon

Excellent!..That should help me nicely. And just to confirm, if the method of hang-up detect is by looking for a busy tone, or other (non DTMF) continuous tone, this should be detected and the VG channel will go on-hook, and then run the cleanup script, so that the hang up tone isnt detected again during the clean up script?

Ive not tried the "on tone {D} goto {Another_Module}" yet, as I am working on a test PBX and wont have access to a PBX which sends tone D until I go to install the system on site. I'll let you know how I get on though.

Cheers

Simon

the VG channel will go on-hook, and then run the cleanup script, so that the hang up tone isnt detected again during the clean up script?

Correct.