VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Hang-up Detect

I'm now finishing my app, and am on the final testing of the Hang-Up detect.

At the moment I'm not entirely sure how to set things up to detect hang-up when the indication from the switch is busy tone (rather than a continuous tone).

I am using VG for Dialogic, with a D4PCI, SR 5.1.1, and Win2k.

Do I

i) set the parameters using DCM ? (i.e. set disconnect tone to "on", TSFFilesupport to "yes", and create a TSFfile),

OR

ii) do I set the parameters in configline.xml,

OR

iii) do I do both?!

Secondly can I set the above PLUS set VG to look for a DTMF tone "D" and it will then detect either a "D" tone or busy tone for hang up?

Cheers

Simon

i) set the parameters using DCM ? (i.e. set disconnect tone to "on", TSFFilesupport to "yes", and create a TSFfile),

No.

ii) do I set the parameters in configline.xml,

Yes.

Secondly can I set the above PLUS set VG to look for a DTMF tone "D" and it will then detect either a "D" tone or busy tone for hang up?

Yes.

Thanks for that.

I am still experiencing problems with hangup detect. On hang-up my PBX sends 8 seconds of continuous Dial Tone, followed by a continuous NU tone (Number Unobtainable)

I have done an analysis of the 8 seconds of dial tone, and reckon that Dial Tone is made up of a dual tone of 348 hz and 441 hz.

So, I have set my configline.xml to be :

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">

<Notes>Default Setting</Notes>

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>348</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>50</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>441</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>50</Freq2Dev>

<On>250</On>

<OnDev>20</OnDev>

<Off>0</Off>

<OffDev>0</OffDev>

<Count>0</Count>

</Tone>

Which I think says that we are looking for 2 tones, one of 348hz +/- 50hz and one of 441 hz +/-50hz for a duration of 2.5 seconds +/- 0.2 seconds

I was hoping therefore that about 2.5 seconds after hang up Voiceguide would drop the line, but it doesent!

I also attach a recording of the hang up tone I recorded.

By the way, can you have 2 entries for disconnect tones in the configline.xml file? (i.e. one for Dial Tone and one for NU tone?)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Simon

060509163931_1.zip

By the way, can you have 2 entries for disconnect tones in the configline.xml file? (i.e. one for Dial Tone and one for NU tone?)

No. Name the other tone DISCONNECT_NU. Do not duplicate tone names - the later definitions will overwrite the previous ones if you do.

Please post traces covering the startup of the software, this will show what tone definitions have been loaded.

I have now done a complete re-install of all software on my machine and I still cannot get hang-up detect to work.

I am trying to detect dial tone, and NU tone, but it wont detect either.

Please help, as I MUST install this system at my clients site on Monday, and it will not work unless I can detect hang ups.

Thanks

Here is the log file created when VG starts up. I cant see any reference to configline.xml anywhere.

The tone loading is logged in the "tw" log file.

Here is the "tw" log file. I have also included the configline.xml which is located in my c:\freshdirect\config\ folder.

In the meantime I used PBXpert to create a TSF File, and I then set DCM to TSFFile support , yes, used the TSF File I created and set Hangup Tone to On.

This resulted in the dialogic detecting hangup, and sending VG a drop of loop current signal (I think this is whats happening), which makes VG drop the line ok.

The TSF File has the same parameters for hangup tone as I am trying to set in configline.xml so I know that the tones I am setting are correct. i.e. dual tone 340 +/- 40 440 +/- 40 , continuous tone.

When I disable the above DCM settings and try to use the settings in configline.xml it just wont detect hang up.

0518tw.zip

Still no help with this problem?

I am due to install this system on Monday morning, and I now know for sure the PBX will send engaged tone on hangup.

Whilst I can fudge detecting dial tone (by using DCM . TSFFile etc), I have no way of testing this fudge with engaged tone.

I would really like to set it up through configline.xml if at all possible, but it just doesent work.

If you can shed any light on this before Monday morning I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Simon

Try relaxing the disconnect tone definitions a little bit.

Change

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>340</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>40</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>440</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>40</Freq2Dev>

<On>100</On>

<OnDev>0</OnDev>

<Off>0</Off>

<OffDev>0</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

to be:

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>340</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>60</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>440</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>60</Freq2Dev>

<On>100</On>

<OnDev>40</OnDev>

<Off>0</Off>

<OffDev>0</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

I will give that a try but am reluctant to relax the settings too much as I run the risk of false hang up detections when recording messages. The Dialgic hardware can detect the hang up tones brilliantly, and send a drop of loop current signal to VG which for me is a far more reliable way of doing it, although it IS a fudge. Its a shame VG isnt as good as the Dialogic H/W when it comes to detecting hang up tones. I presume that becasue the Dialogic uses its DSP and VG does it all in software, and no doubt the algorithms are different.

I went to site yesterday to install the system, and found that hang up tones were in fact something similar to BUSY not DIAL TONE. Anyway, I ran PBXpert which worked excellently, set up DCM for hang up tone=Yes TSFfile support=yes and defined the TSFFile I had created, and it worked brilliantly.

Why does VG not use the Dialogic to do hang up detect? It seems to me to be a prefectly reliable and robust method of hang up detect, and VG is just trying to re-invent the wheel.

VoiceGuide does use Dialogic to detect the tones.

The tone definitions in ConfigLine.xml are loaded into the Dialogic card and Dialogic then informs VG when it has detectd any of the defined tones.

Can you post the the TSF file which you qre using?