VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg With Dialogic Does Not Hang Up

I am testing Dialogic D/4pciu with Dialogic patch.

I call the system and the script starts normally. Then, as a test, I hang up (at different points in the script) but VG needs appr. 20-30 seconds to react. So the line is engaged and does not want to hang up. Even when it reaches a hang up module in the script.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures entire call, this will allow us to see what happened.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures entire call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Please tell me in details how to create the debug printout.

I followed a previous recommendation:"When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call."

First I opened the window where I can see what is happening on the 4 channels. There I opened the View - Event trace log. The empty VoiceGuide Event Trace Log window came up with log level = 0. I started to make a call but nothing changed in the Event Trace Log. The script worked fined but did not respond to my hang up, just continued with different modules.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

What is happening here is that the Dialoigc card has not been setup to detect the Disconnect tone sent by the telephone company when the caller hangs up.

Read: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

Fuller explanation of what the trace is showing:

Trace shows that after module [PayerMainMenu] played sound file MenuPayerMainMenu_2.wav three times:

160931.70 1 state [PayerMainMenu] Playing (MenuPayerMainMenu_2.wav)

160946.73 1 state [PayerMainMenu] Playing (MenuPayerMainMenu_2.wav)

161001.78 1 state [PayerMainMenu] Playing (MenuPayerMainMenu_2.wav)

it waited 10 seconds for any other input:

161011.42 1 timer set 10 EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP

and after 10 seconds elapsed, VoiceGuide hung up the call:

161022.31 1 state Hanging up call... [Default Handler 60: 9001]

and Dialogic card confirmed the call was ended:

161022.42 1 event callstate IDLE 1 1,0,0

a minute and a half later VoiceGuide was closed:

161154.94 0 Stopping VoiceGuide (Dialogic) start

After I changed Disconnect Tone from NO to YES in the Configuration Manager (DCM), VG always hang up 5-8 seconds after I hang up the telephone. So the problem is basically solved.

Just before VG really hangs up, it shows for a short moment: "Loop current off [non-xfer......]" text in the line device status window.

Is it the fastest reaction I can expect form the Dialogic card to hang up?

It is not clear for me what triggers the hang up in my case: the loop current drop or the disconnect tone.

Why are .vox files created in the sound files folders when I use the scripts? Do I need them? If not, how can I stop them to be created.?

Is it the fastest reaction I can expect form the Dialogic card to hang up?

If you follow instructions in http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm then the reaction time to disconnect tone should be around 3-5 seconds, basically it should be the amount of time that it takes to play the disconnect tone twice.

A "Loop Current Drop" is a better way of signaling end of call on analog lines. Check with your phone company if they can setup these lines to do a "Loop Current Drop" at end of call.

It is not clear for me what triggers the hang up in my case: the loop current drop or the disconnect tone.

When you set the "Disconnect Tone" setting in DCM to YES then the Dialogic card is faking a "Loop Current Drop" signal when it hears the disconnect tone.

Why are .vox files created in the sound files folders when I use the scripts? Do I need them? If not, how can I stop them to be created.?

VOX files are converted WAV files. Dialogic card is actually playing VOX files. You need them. If they are not there VG will just generate them when it has to play a particular WAV file. If you want, you can make all your recordings in VOX, change your scripts to use VOX, and not use WAV at all. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/SoundFiles.htm