VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Contradicting Set Up Instructions

1. I am installing vg5.2.5049 file on D/4PCIU and there is an instructions during the installation that I have to choose the Dialogic (Intel) Analog Card. It places system files with audio sample rate: 11khz . It does not work even after I update the software with VoiceGuide for Dialogic 6.0.3107.

However, VoiceGuide for Dialogic 6.0.3107 readme file says I should use the Standard TAPI Wave is Audio (sample rate: 8khz Audio sample size is 16 bit mono ). This worked finally.

The VG help file suggest that “When using a Dialogic card all sound files should be in format: PCM 11kHZ, 8 bit, Mono.” It seems to be a wrong suggestion. You may want to correct it in the help file.

So it is 8khz, isn’t it?

2, When I create my own sound files for Dialogic what audio sample size should I use: 8 or 16 bit. I read 8 bit in your suggestion, however the system files are 16 bit and they work. Does it matter which one I create?

3, My D/4PCIU card seems to work fine but in the control panel – system – hardware – Device manager – Other devices the card name: Dialogic D/41JTC can be seen, which is the wrong name. Why? Is it important? I use Win XP home edition.

You need to use 8kHz files when using "VoiceGuide for Dialogic".

If you choose to use the TAPI version of VG (v5.x) then you need to use 11kHz.

There is no reason why you should chose to use the TAPI version if you have a Dialogic card. If you have a Dialogic card then use "VoiceGuide for Dialogic".

I read 8 bit in your suggestion, however the system files are 16 bit and they work. Does it matter which one I create?

No. If you create in 16 bit then the last 8 bits of every sample is just ignored.

3, My D/4PCIU card seems to work fine but in the control panel – system – hardware – Device manager – Other devices the card name: Dialogic D/41JTC can be seen, which is the wrong name. Why? Is it important?

It does not matter what shows up in Window's Device Manager. As long as the Dialogic Config Manager (DCM) shows the right card then all is fine.