VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Memory Dump

Hello I am using ISDN PRi with 30 channels. My Voice guide runs perfect with half the channels occupied, but in case the traffic increases , the computer restarts with a blue screen. and then it works fine for little time before crashing again.

"Blue screen" type errors are caused by problems on driver level. Applications (like VoiceGuide) do not run at a privilege level which can cause a "Blue Screen" type error.

If you are going to have calls arriving on channels which have not been opened and therefore not initialized to receive calls then you will have problems... and looks like the Dialogic drivers are not reacting to this situation very well at all...

If the provided E1 is enabled to send calls on any of the 30 channels then you should really be running a 30 line license to avoid problems like what you encountered...

The other option is to discuss with the phone company supplying the E1 to limit the channels on which the calls can arrive.

Thank you very much . But I already have a 30 channel license. Secondly, Telecom Company has already limited it to 30 calls only. SO I am left with no option other than looking at drivers of Dialogic cards. I am using Sr 5.1.1 with Sp1 . Can you guide me as well.

OK, from our previous post we had the impression that you're running a less then 30 line license.

Can you tell us more about your system:

Which version of Windows are you using?

What are the system specs? (CPU/Mem/etc)

Which Telco is supplying the E1 line?

What is the ISDN protocol on that E1 line?

What Dialogic card are you using?

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

I am Using windows 2000 Server with SP 4

Hardware IBM x-207 Server with 2.8 GHz and 512 RAM.

Problem is Independent of TELCO. i. e I have three ISDN ( 30 channel) Licences on three different M/C where in three different TELCO have supplied the line.

I am Using Voice Guide 5.2.1202 professional . I installed it as per the instructions and then used the Vgpack.zip for ISDN as per the instruction.

ISDN protocol which i am using is CTR4 which i set up in DCM.

The setup all looks pretty standard.

Most E1/T1 sites these days run the SR6.0 drivers, so you could try running those, but there should be no Blue Screen type problems with SR5.1.1SP1...

See the links on our "Recommended Hardware" page - they will take you SR downloads page and SR6.0 can be downloaded from there. You can use the latest SR6.0 available there to at least evaluate...

(current link to latest SR6.0 is: http://membersresource.intel.com/search/DD...g&SortBy=Title)

The SR6.0 available for download there is not time-limited...

Can you tell us what the Blue Screen shows? Information on the screen should indicate what driver or hardware caused the problem...

Problem is Independent of TELCO. i. e I have three ISDN ( 30 channel) Licences on three different M/C where in three different TELCO have supplied the line.

So you have three systems configured as above and all show the same problem? or are you plugging 3 different E1 into the same box?

Have you tried running on other hardware - other then the x-207 ?

Can you try with a DELL or even with a clone based on an Asus/Abit/similar motherboard?

No I am not plugging three E1s in the same Box . We have three individual identical setups. I am not sure that this is sr 5.1.1 problem.

Information on the screen should indicate what driver or hardware caused the problem...

Other comments made in previous post still apply...

In the past there have been problems between Dialogic and certain hardware, maybe what we are seeing here is another similar problem (?).

As mentioned before, reading what the Blue Screen says should indicate what caused the crash...