VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Makes Hard Drive Never Enter Standby

Hi,

I have a dedicated PC running as a phone attendant using the latest version of voiceguide. It is an old P3, 300 MHz PC, w/ 380 Mbytes Ram, and a modern hard drive. I am using an old PC b/c it uses very little power, so the phone attendant will run for hours on my large UPS in case of a power outage. Hence, my goal is to cut power usage to an absolute minimum, which will also extend the hard drive's life too. To that end, I have disabled all non-essential system processes and removed excess hardware, and set the hard drive to sleep (standby) after just 3 minutes of being idle. We hardly get any calls, so the hard drive should be in standby most of the time only consuming 1 W,instead of buring 8 Watts. However, I notice that my hard drive is contantly being access, which this is keeping my hard drive awake, and out of standby. It is only when I kill Voiceguide (Vgmulti.exe process) that the hard drive stops getting accessed and can go to sleep.

I made sure to turn off the logging to disk feature in the trace viewer. I don't see why Voiceguide should be accessing the disk every few seconds while just waiting for a call. This is a big problem for me.

Can anyone help me to get voiceguide to stop accessing the hard drive so it can go into standby while waiting for the next call.

Thanks!

Ari

VoiceGuide does regular checks against the 'Outgoing Calls' database to see if any outgoing calls have been queued. That is probably what is causing the drive access. There is no user-accessible flag/setting to stop VG from doing the regular database queries.