VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D/21d - New Install

I know I can use the D/21D VL card (although it appears I need to change some of the files in Voiceguide and it is not a first choice for you guys.) However, I have a free card and can not justify spending $500 right now to buy a different card.

The card has not yet been installed and I want to know if it will go in an XP machine since your software will be operating the card directly and not through Tapi, or must I install this card only on Win 98 type system due to the age of the card.

Bottom line, does purchasing your software permit me to easily install this card on our XP system since I am assuming you are suplying the drivers needed for your software or must I set up an older win98 system to use the card and your software?

Thanks

You can use WinXP.

Where did you get the imprssion you can only use it on Win98 systems?

Use "VG for Dialogic". That way you can use 8kHz PCM .WAV files (or just use .VOX files)

I was under the impression that 98 had drivers available and xp did not support the card since it was so old. I take it this is entirely inaccurate then.

What would the steps be to install the card in an XP computer? Will the D/21d be recognized in XP and drivers installed or do I need to DL drivers from Intels website, or does VOiceGuide include whatever drivers are needed by the software?

Thanks

The SR6.0 may not support the D/21D card, but the SR5.1.1 drivers will, and SR5.1.1 will work fine under XP.

When you install the SR drivers they Dialogic Config Manager will find the card and let you start the service (and set it to start automatically when Windows starts).