VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Not Saying Numbers Or Saving To File

I'm testing part of a script that saves a caller's card number and the current date to a text file, then repeats the date to the caller. The success path is taken for both modules but the result is not saved to the text file and the date is not repeated. I assume my syntax is incorrect with the date. What's wrong? Here is the Event Trace Log: (I included arbitrary sound files for testing)

23240 1 [Register] Run Program

23250 1 RVreplace start: [command.com /c echo $RV[Get Card Number],$RV_DAY, $RV_MONTH, $RV_DATE >c:\Documents and Settings\KevDog\Desktop\VGText Results\cardoutput.txt]

23260 1 RVreplace end: [command.com /c echo 111111111,2, 7, 8 >c:\Documents and Settings\KevDog\Desktop\VGText Results\cardoutput.txt]

23351 1 Run Program continuing...

23361 1 Going down On Success path.

23371 1 RVreplace start: [$RV_DATE,$RV_MONTH,$RV_DAY]

23381 1 RVreplace end: [8,7,2]

23391 1 [#1] Say numbers: 8,7,2 as Date MMDD

23401 1 fn PlaySoundStartNumbers C:\Program Files\ivg\system\voice\GetNbrsConfirmIntro.wav, , 8,7,2, Date MMDD

23411 1 twcal PlaySayNumber C:\Program Files\ivg\system\voice\GetNbrsConfirmIntro.wav, , , , 21

23551 1 PlaySoundStartNumbers ok

26175 1 Play End line[1] (id=523431)

26185 1 LsSayNbrPlay EV_PLAY_FINISHED

26195 1 LsSayNbrPlay EV_TIMEOUT_GOTOMODULE

Question 2:

How would I go about doing the same as above (saving multiple date registration entries) but to a Microsoft Access subdatasheet for each specific card number ? I want each card number to have its own registration record.

The "Say numbers as Date MMDD" option expects a 4 character input - so to speak back the day/month of "8th July" the input should be "0807".

You need to format the input into that format if you want it to be spoken using the "Say Number" module.

To do this you will need to use VB Script's Format command in a VB Script module.

A much easier way is to just use Text to Speech option in a Play module - it will sound a bit different, but if you buy AT&T's Natural Voices ($35 these days) the quality will be very good.