VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D/4pciuf

Hello!

I think I´ve done all the steps according to the 'readme.txt' file for VoiceGuide for Dialogic and the vg.ini 'tutorial', but I can´t make it work.

1.- I install my two D/4PCIUF cards numbered 1 and 2.

2.- This second step is still confusing, since I don´t know yet which software I should install for this dialogic card:

SR5.1.1+ Service Pack 1 for SR5.1.1 + D4PCIU support patch Or

SR5.1.1+ FeaturePack for SR5.1.1

I´ve tried both approaches but I never get the right name for my cards displayed in the "Found New Hardware Wizard" (each card is called in the control panel:

Dialogic D41JCT-LS, VFX41JCT-LS, D41JSF or D4PCI-U card) and also I can see in the control panel saying that these cards have not any driver installed yet.

Ok, maybe it should be this way so I continue installing voiceguide vg5.2.4 and then updating with voiceguide for dialogic 6.0.3095 to see what happens. And what happens is that when I execute voiceguide program it appears only 4 lines instead of 8?

Do I need the to install the Dialogic TAPI driver or something else to make it work? Any idea?

Thank you for your help!

Jose

2.- This second step is still confusing, since I don´t know yet which software I should install for this dialogic card:

SR5.1.1+ Service Pack 1 for SR5.1.1 + D4PCIU support patch Or

SR5.1.1+ FeaturePack for SR5.1.1

Either should be fine.

I never get the right name for my cards displayed in the "Found New Hardware Wizard"

It does not matter what the hardware wizard calls it. The only thing that matters is whether the card is found OK by the Dialogic's Config Manager.

And what happens is that when I execute voiceguide  program it appears only 4 lines instead of 8?

The trial version of VG only enables up to 4 lines. see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vgFeatures.htm

You will now need to buy an 8 line license to let VG control 8 lines.

If you already entered the 8 line license then modify the Config.xml file to add the other 4 lines to the list of channels which VG should open.

Do I need the to install the Dialogic TAPI driver or something else to make it work?

No.

It does not matter what the hardware wizard calls it. The only thing that matters is whether the card is found OK by the Dialogic's Config Manager.

There is no problem with the Dialogic Configuration Manager when detecting, configuring, starting and stopping the cards. However, when I look in the control panel I see a question mark on each dialogic card because there is no drivers installed for each card (see the attached file), but I don´t think this is Ok. How can I make it right?

Thank you!

Jose

control_panel.doc

However, when I look in the control panel I see a question mark on each dialogic card because there is no drivers installed for each card (see the attached file), but I don´t think this is Ok.

It is OK.

It makes no difference.

Go ahead and start using VG now. You'll see it all working fine.

If it really irritates you to see that yellow question mark when you open Windows Device Manager then go to the Intel link listed at the very bottom of the VG Help file's section on installing Dialogic cards. (online copy of the relevant page is here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Inst...llDialogic.htm) Basically it tells you how to install a 'dummy' driver does not do anything but results in Windows no longer displaying the yellow question mark.