VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Using Vg As A Support System

Hi everyone. I have a couple of questions as I am evaluating VG. I would like to use this as an after hours support system where the caller would leave a message and then based on a database schedule, the message will be forwarded to the person on call.

This is what I don't understand if anyone can help...

1) I've read the help file and I'm lost on how result variables work. If I run VBScript, how do I use the variables in other modules and will this information be transfered to a script after hangup?

2) Since there isn't remote time/date stamping, I would like for it to say the last message date and time. How would I do that?

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me!

-Sal

1) I've read the help file and I'm lost on how result variables work. If I run VBScript, how do I use the variables in other modules and will this information be transfered to a script after hangup?

Examples in the Help files section of "Run VB Script" module show how to return information back to VoiceGuide.

2) Since there isn't remote time/date stamping, I would like for it to say the last message date and time. How would I do that?

1. Use a VB Script's "File System Object" (you need to know VBScript) to retrieve the files time/data, return it to VoiceGuide and have it speak it out...

or:

2. Embed the Timestamp in the filename (like the Voicemail files have it embedded in filename right after the voicemail box id). Then you can extract it from the filename and have VG speak that...

Sal, you want to make reaaally sure that the transfer function works on voiceguide before you do anything.

Its been fairly unreliable for me, and is the key part of a support line.

I think what Nic is referring to is that he had problems setting up call transfers (actually "3 way conferencing" calls - which are even harder to set up) when using a Dialogic card under WinXP...

At this stage if you want to use a Dialogic card we recommend using it under Win2000 - many customers have encountered problems when doing call transfers under WinXP.

Also, just a note regarding timestamping of filenames - in v5.0 of VoiceGuide the following Result Variables make creation of fixed length date stamps in filename easier:

$RV_DD

Takes on a 2 digit value between "01" and "31", depending on what day of the month it is. Can be used in Evaluate Expression modules to allow you to switch to different areas on the script depending on what day of the month it is.

$RV_MM

Takes on a 2 digit value between "01" and "12", depending on what month it is. Can be used in Evaluate Expression modules to allow you to switch to different areas on the script depending on the current month.

$RV_YY

Takes on a 2 digit value of current year (eg: "03"). Can be used in Evaluate Expression modules to allow you to switch to different areas on the script depending on the current year.

$RV_HH

Takes on a 2 digit value between "00" and "23", depending on the current hour of the day. Can be used in Evaluate Expression modules to allow you to switch to different areas on the script depending on the time of day.

$RV_NN

Takes on a 2 digit value between "00" and "59", depending on the current minute of the hour. Can be used in Evaluate Expression modules to allow you to switch to different areas on the script depending on the time of day.

$RV_SS

Takes on a value between "00" and "59", depending on the current second of the hour. Can be used in Evaluate Expression modules to allow you to switch to different areas on the script depending on the time of day.