VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Trying To "size" Voice Guide Hardware

I am evaluating VoiceGuide and trying to determine what hardware and software requirements I should plan for.

Specifically,

a) how many inbound concurrent calls can I expect to accomodate with each version of VoiceGuide?

a1) what happens when the system has reached capacity? Do callers recieve a busy signal?

B) how many phone lines will this require? (i.e., is each caller utilizing one phone line or are they "juggled" allowing one line to serve multiple/concurrent users?

c) how many concurrent users will a specific telephony card handle?

d) are there additional computer hardware (increased RAM, processing capacity, hard drives...) considerations I should address now... and as the system (presumably) grows in the future?

a) how many inbound concurrent calls can I expect to accomodate with each version of VoiceGuide?

Max number of lines is 300

a1) what happens when the system has reached capacity? Do callers receive a busy signal?

Depends on how you configure your telephone lines with the phone company. The phone company can play busy or they could route the call to another number etc.

B) how many phone lines will this require? (i.e., is each caller utilizing one phone line or are they "juggled" allowing one line to serve multiple/concurrent users?

A phone line/channel is required for each caller...

c) how many concurrent users will a specific telephony card handle
?

There are cards from 4 to 120 lines/channels.

d) are there additional computer hardware (increased RAM, processing capacity, hard drives...) considerations I should address now... and as the system (presumably) grows in the future?

The more lines the more CPU/memory is required...

It all depends on the type of application as well... a Prepaid Calling Card type system requires a lot less resources then a Dating Line...